A Light & A Reliable AntiVirus???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi Guys!

I have a Pentium II 400 MHz. which 128 MB RAM in my office. I need a antivirus for this system. I know KAV is the best in this field, but I need something that is low on resource and still very effective. I dont mind either a paid or a free AV. Please recommend...

Chao...

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Choto Cheeta said:
As per as reliability goes.. My Vote with Kaspersky :D
See his query:A Light & A Reliable AntiVirus???

KAV might be reliable but not light on his comp specs;)...So I feel NOD32 might be a better option:)

Plz dont start another AV war after reading my post:))

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
rakeshishere said:
See his query:A Light & A Reliable AntiVirus???

KAV might be reliable but not light on his comp specs;)...So I feel NOD32 might be a better option:)

Plz dont start another AV war after reading my post:))

I have run KAV on the same config, exept i had a VGA card SiS 8MB one :) once i made a full system scan and trun on the feature called "Scan Only new or changed files and that really helps... System runs very very smoth :D

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
NOD32 isn't that good anymore and KAV takes a toll on system performance. Avira is free, has better heuristics than KAV and as good as NOD32, and is one of the lighest AVs around.

www.free-av.com

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Dear o Dear...
I am still on the same plot...

Nod32, KAV, Avast or AVG...

Reactions are so mixed and votes seems to go equally for all the four. So, what should I do now. Install all of them thereby killing my machine altogether. Comeon guys, give me ONE...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Some good ones are available for free. "Active Virus Shield" is the free version of Kaspersky Antivirus. It just consumes around 9MB of memory. This is most suitable one for your PC.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Kiran_tech_mania said:
Some good ones are available for free. "Active Virus Shield" is the free version of Kaspersky Antivirus. It just consumes around 9MB of memory. This is most suitable one for your PC.

It doesnt have real time scanning, so no point installing it...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
go4saket said:
It doesnt have real time scanning, so no point installing it...

What the heck? It has real-time scanner. I have installed it in my PC. It has two exe scanning over- avp.exe. From where on earth did you get that wrong info? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom