A GREAT SOUNDCARD HUNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
WELL THIS IS MY FIRST TOPIC AFTER REGISTERING WITH DIGIT FORUM....... :D
I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED AN AMD PLATFORMED PC, BUT NOW I AM IN SEARCH OF A GREAT AUDIO CARD TO COMPLETE MY HOME THEATER SETUP...... :?
I WANTED TO KNOW WHICH SOUNDCARD WILL OFFER GREAT CLARITY AND SUPPORT ALL THE SPANKING NEW
TECHNOLOGIES OF HOME THEATER SETUPS......WELL, PRICE IS NOT THE BAR....
:wink: THANK YOU :D

G

gxsaurav

Look for sound blaster X-Fi extreme music, thats the cheapest card in XFi series but it has all the same feature & power of the high end X-Fi cards, except for the live Drive which u will hardly need ever

other options are Creative Audigy 4 ZS or Audigy 2 Value

goobimama

 Macboy
whats rong with the onboard card?

Try sticking in a high end home theatre system into onboard sound and see the results....

Good soundcards have features like high SNR value, 24 bit audio, DD and DTS decoding, among others. I find a noticable difference in my logitech z5500 speakers (using 915 onboard audio against creative Live! 5.1 AGAINST CREATIVE AUDIGY 2 ZS)

@ pcworm: The X-Fi series will give you best performance if price is no bar. But the Audigy 2/4 also makes for a very good soundcard.

khandu

In the zone
i m using Audigy 2 ZS..

and believe me it gives me whatever i want.. 6 K for that card is good enought.. it has all features.

but if u have loads of cash.. then x-fi.. i have no idea about its current rate..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom