A general QUESTION - Tough i guess ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

h4ck3r

A General question to all of you. How will make your computer End the application automatically ?? (instead of manual "EndTask" using CTRL+ALT+DEL) Well if you know how, pls reply here

For Windows 98 only
==============
For Xp there is a solution

This question will test your skills in windowz

OP
H

h4ck3r

Yo got it wrong

Not the shortcut or ctrl +alt+ del .We should make the pc do things on its own without using the shortcut keys but the "not responding" program should end by itself...Did you get the question mr.

and pls read the post thoroughly bfore replying..I know the anser but i wanna let the others know :p

Eager_Beever

Broken In
Some time back I had installed a tweaking utility which allowed configuration, where Non-responding processes/programs would get killed automatically after a specified time. I will go through it again and get the answer.

BTW, I have forgotten the name of the tweaking program. :?: :roll:

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
no third party softies reqd

Open the registry and find the key below.

Modify the value of 'AutoEndTasks' to equal '1' to automatically end tasks or '0' to prompt for action.

The default time-out before ending the task is defined by the value of 'WaitToKillAppTimeout' located in the same key, this value is in milliseconds (default = 20000 i.e. 20 seconds). You can therefore additionally change this value to speed the process up.

Note: This change will affect all users but value can also be changed on a user-by-user basis by modifying [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] and the same values.

Key:[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
Value Name: AutoEndTasks
Data Type: REG_SZ
Data:(0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

source *www.mydesktophelp.com/tips/win10.htm

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
cool one alib_i

BTW just press the fu****g power button :D dat will do the trick no matter what OS u have :p kiddin'

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

[deXter]

Journeyman
For those who dont want to do registry editing, I had made a small program (8 kb) for this, long ago. (Applies around 8-10 reg tweaks)

It not only enables auto-end task your programs, but also speeds up your shutdown/restart considerably. It also solves most common problems that occur while shutdown/restart.

Works in all Windows versions (above 95):

Code:
*www.free-webspace.biz/dexter/FastShut.exe

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

ramank

Broken In
[deXter said:
]For those who dont want to do registry editing, I had made a small program (8 kb) for this, long ago. (Applies around 8-10 reg tweaks)

It not only enables auto-end task your programs, but also speeds up your shutdown/restart considerably. It also solves most common problems that occur while shutdown/restart.

Works in all Windows versions (above 95):

Code:
*www.free-webspace.biz/dexter/FastShut.exe
I got this error when I ran FastShut.exe in Windows XP with SP2
*img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/882800/error.GIF

[deXter]

Journeyman
Well you have a corrupted download. For your convenience I have RARed it up too:

Code:
*www.free-webspace.biz/dexter/FastShut.rar

ramank

Broken In
Thnx [deXter], my computer will now shutdown/restart/logoff properly, and instantly! :wink:
BTW, who is Dilton?

[deXter]

Journeyman
Well thats my other nick. I was called Dilton ages ago even before my friends named my dex.. Actually my Mom used to call me Dilton :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom