A general problem in Linux (May be all distros)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
Unlike Windows, in Linux the keyboard layouts selected remain active in all applications. And when you are using a language, say Hindi, and have to go to console, you have to change the keyboard again. And what I feel worst is that when I am using a Non-US English layout, and have to leave the system for a while, and the screen saver starts/ or the system goes to standby mode and to reopen, it demands relog in withg password., with the keyboard remaining at Hindi or whatsoever, you cannot log in. Can't some one correct this.

kartik_mistry

Broken In
First of all there are some nice applets there for Keyboard switching from and to languages. If you are using Gnome, Right Click to panel-->Add to Panel --> Keyboard Indicator. You can configure to add any languages into system and also shortcut too (I prefer Left Alt+shift). For Hindi there are Inscript and Phonetic Keyboards are there. For KDE, similar applet called is there too.

You can switch language by shortcut even your system asks you for screen saver password!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom