A 'File' Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker1

Right off the assembly line
Hi to every computer enthusiast,

Calling all computer geeks,

How can we convert a file with the extension 'File' to .exe to execute it?
I downloaded a file and it wont run because first, it asks me to select a program from a list to run that file and I cant find that program!!!

Is there a way to convert that file to .exe to run??
PLEASE HELP!!! :cry:

aadipa

Padawan
why didn'y u try to rename it first?

command line syntax
ren [oldname] [newname]

Or open the Windows Explorer, browser to the file. Right click and select rename. Just add the .exe extention and try to run it.

theraven

Technomancer
is it supposed to be an .exe file in the first place ?
give us file details and wat its actually supposed to be ... and a link with decription would be helpful
if its not supposed to be a .exe then renamin it wont help !
and plz remember to goto tools>folder options>view and disable "hide known file extensions" before u rename

krish

Journeyman
What I got from your mail is that u have downloaded a file without any extension. So if u single click that file, on the left pane, the file type u will se is 'File'. So for that rename it to '---.exe' or whatever format it is in.

Saharika

In the zone
well

well
i think he has misunderstood things
means may be he clicked on some file then the OS pop up a box to choose program and he thinks that to open in any program the file should be in *.exe format.
is that so (what he understood)?
or i mis understood it :lol:
an yway i think to be change to *.exe there are many soft for it and i dont feel like ok txt file need to be changed to *.exe (i have not used such soft..)
people usually change animation(avi,...to exe)
and some time zipped files making self excutable files...

swatkat

Technomancer
if u dont know the real extension exactly u can use this software called TrID to examine it and determine the correct file type.
Get it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom