A few ubuntu questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hi guys,today i finally decided to use linux after a long time :). I have a ubuntu 5.10 live cd and im posting this using it . I have a few quesions.

1. Will my configurations be save onto the disc? its no problem for me if ubuntu wants to use some hard dsc space.

2. can it detect my two NTFS and two fat32 partitions automatically?

3. can i install softwares ( yes im using a original live cd).I downloaded opera 8.54 (file name opera_8.54-20060330.6-shared-qt_en_etch_i386.deb) but i cant install this .the archive manager opens and tells that it cannot handle this format. :(

4. can the setting be saved onto my pendrive so that ubuntu can retrive it later

any other suggessions also please. :)

charan

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
1) & 4) I am not sure but I think you cannot. Still make sure with someone else.
2) It won't auto detect you will have to mount them manually.
3) AFAIK you can't install software even temporarily cause I failed to do so myself.
If you really want all this then stick with puppy linux, It provides all the above facilities. And Knoppix provides most of them also.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
3)i think u can install softwares temporarilly because earlier when i used it i was able to install sify BB dialer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom