a few questions reg. video format and some software help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

i hav a few questions

1) can i adjust the brightness of a non-DVD-movie in POWERDVD?? if so, where is the option? i cudnt see any

2) in WinDVD, if at all i hav a ful registered copy, wil the surround effect plugins and otehr effects work only for DVD movies again? cant i set an equalizer effect for say an xvid movie?

3) i was planning to edit a movie to some extent.. to play with.. i tried soundforge but it wudnt open the .avi file even (even though it has the extension under the compatible file type open combo box). i got a suggestion before from a post to try sony vegas... but it wudnt play the movie either... i need to strip the audio from the movie(xvid), convert to AC3, if possible to a 5.1 from 2 channel and then add to the movie back... how can we do this using vegas? and any other software available for doing this?

4) in windows media player, when in full screen mode, we move the mouse and a bugging options mode comes in both top and bottom (mp 10)... is there anyways it doesnt come even if i move the mouse? incase i want to adjust any.. i wud go to small screen adjust and come back. coz in VLC the only other player i prefer doesnt hav subtitles psotioned in the "black portion" of the screen... i ahv to go for wmp. i dont use powerdvd now coz of the problem already mentioned above, brightness.

5) is there any software to get full information reg. a video? say the format if its NTSC or PAL, encoding as to 1 pass or 2 pass, xvid or divx, frame rate, audo codec & rate etc.. all possible information?

i am a little ignorant abt these.. so pls help me out!

/legolas

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
4. There was a powertoy for the series 9 which works on 10 too, it can stop that menu from appearing :)

1. Will changing the brghtness of the screen work ?

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
changing the brightness makes wat work? u asked? reg. the first tip thk u. in wmp and vlc, i can adjust the brightness which makes it a little better to my eyes.... usually all xvid coded files appear to be a little dark.

/legolas

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
5=>You can't know how many passes were used to encode a file. Otherwise, try GSpot and VirtualDub mod (or is it AviSynth?)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
@legolas - I meant to say that if theres no option like Brightness, will changing the brghtness of the monitor work as a solution for u ?

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
legolas said:
3) i was planning to edit a movie to some extent.. to play with.. i tried soundforge but it wudnt open the .avi file even (even though it has the extension under the compatible file type open combo box). i got a suggestion before from a post to try sony vegas... but it wudnt play the movie either... i need to strip the audio from the movie(xvid), convert to AC3, if possible to a 5.1 from 2 channel and then add to the movie back... how can we do this using vegas? and any other software available for doing this?

In Sonic Foundry or Sony products you need to buy some plugins before you can use them, like MP3, MPEG-1&2 plugins, etc. So I think that's the reason the file isn't opening even if it is supported.

For recoding video files with different audio formats, use Nero Recode. Its the best thing out there. It says the fastest MPEG-4 encoder on earth, and it really is. So first you can recode the file converting audio to 2-channel stereo and then edit it as required.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
a_to_z123, thk u for that info reg. nero recode...

well QM, this is what i meant,

*img393.imageshack.us/img393/82/untitled1copy3ok.jpg

the first image with "default brightness" and second one same image with "brightness" adjusted by me. u can see that option in wmp... thats shown below... u see the difference now.. dont u?

*img393.imageshack.us/img393/2862/untitled21hz.jpg

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom