a different graphic card question ( well almost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theraven

Technomancer
ok guys ... ive seen all the graphic card posts ... and participated in most of them too
this is a different specific question so help me out if u can
1) for PCI express which one do think is better ? x600 or 5900 ?
price and performance wise .. not because its ati and nvidia!!
2) the x600 or the 9800 pro ? not considerin the slots ofcourse
3) which nvidia card what u compare the performance of a radeon 9200 ?
just wanna know that cuz i know more abt nvidia cards .. so i can judge the performance accordingly !

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
1) X600 is good ! Not heard abt the 5900, i think they will have a rebadged model for this. X600 might have the upper hand here.

2) x600 and 9800pro, thats a tough one, cuz x600 is based on the newer cores while the 9800 is based on the older one .....so the performance might be more or less equal.

3) 9200 cud be compared to the gfx4mx series or the fx5200 card me thinks.

OP
T

theraven

Technomancer
damn thats a disappointment. ..
i thot the 9200 would be comparable to like the 5600 atleast ( i know its not that good but its higher than the 5200)
im gettin a laptop loaded with that
and i just got my hands on doom 3 , painkiller , splinter cell : pandora tomorrow and ut2004 i was hopin to play them quite decently !
anyways maybe i can cover it up with my desktop !! thats y i asked abt the x600's 5900's and 9800's
cuz the 915 chipset is very very tempting !!
thanx anyways ...
anyone else ??
i really wanted to know abt the 5900's!

OP
T

theraven

Technomancer
o BTW .. another reason why i asked for the 9800 .... compared to the x600 ..
cuz the asus 9800pro comes with HL2 bundled :D
well a coupon that'll get u the game ince it released atleast !!
:D im soo greedy ! lol !

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1)pcx 5950 is available .Comparing it with X600 is like comparing a radeon 9600 and radeon 9800 or fx 5600 and fx 5800.Even a fx 5800 is much better X600,imo.

X600 is just the pci express version of the radeon 9600pro and won't give much difference in performance except that a faster interface@16x which as of today is of no use.

2)Rather radeon 9700pro than X600.

3)i'd prefer fx 5200 over radeon 9200(directx 8.1).

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
theraven said:
o BTW .. another reason why i asked for the 9800 .... compared to the x600 ..
cuz the asus 9800pro comes with HL2 bundled :D
well a coupon that'll get u the game ince it released atleast !!
:D im soo greedy ! lol !

LOL ! then what areyou waiting for get it or order a Geforce 6800 vanilla 13 to 14 k internationally.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
My dad is going to singapore on 16th. I want to know what kind of hardware is advisable to buy from there, specially the graphics card, and which is the card which i shud definately have to play doom 3 and HL2 decently and i mean 'decently' i.e. card which can give above 50 fps in these resource hungry games....

Secondly are these graphics card somewhat cheaper in singapore, if yes then whats the margin i can expect?

Thanks in advance....

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Get a 6800 GT or a 6800 vanilla version ! The GT rocks , almost the same as the ultra only the core clk rates vary by 50 Mhz or so.......

G

gxsaurav

suave_guy

Make sure U get a GeForce 6800GT & a Antec True Power 430WPSU alongwith Zalman CNPS AlCu-7000b heatsink for CPU, these are the must have components from abroad, anything else is up to your choice, this will cost U about Rs .38,000

OP
T

theraven

Technomancer
if hes going to singapore i just found out from one site that the x800 is available in pci express version
i think its gigabyte
check this out ...
*sg.hardwarezone.com/priceguide/priceguide.php?id=314
its 999 SD ... so thats 27k ... which aint bad ... considering the x800 agp 8x is 29k here ...
i think ill call for it ....

PS: as for the 9200 ... im already gettin it with the laptop :(
but its ok ... its the ferrari 3000 !! worth it !!
i know there are better ones in the market ... but this is fully loaded with features ... plus it looks gr8
other ones with the same feautres are soo damn expensive ... 17" screens and tv tuners and what not. .. sheesh !!
anyways ... i think itll give decent frame rates at mid resolutions ... and im gettin it for 88k.... what harm ?
hopefully if i get the same rate that is :D
o and how are the INR 1700 500w power supplies ??
everyone cant afford an antec yaar !! 9k !!! whos gonna pay that much ?

OP
T

theraven

Technomancer
thats the problem ... i dunno the brand ...
i got it from that *business.vsnl.com/deltapage/price.htm site
even tho they are chennai prices. .. it'll be roughly ard that
what do u think ?

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
akshayt said:
X600 is just the pci express version of the radeon 9600pro and won't give much difference in performance except that a faster interface@16x which as of today is of no use.

x600 is the scaled down version of the x800 so calling it a pci-e version of the 9600pro is not acceptable. The the x600 is clocked at 500/700 while the 9600pro is clocked at 400/600.

theraven said:
thats the problem ... i dunno the brand ...
i got it from that *business.vsnl.com/deltapage/price.htm site
even tho they are chennai prices. .. it'll be roughly ard that
what do u think ?

Then these might be generic psu's. But be careful while buying those cuz sometimes they are not of the rated capacity. How's powersafe, nebody tried those psu's?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
blade_runner said:
akshayt said:

x600 is the scaled down version of the x800 so calling it a pci-e version of the 9600pro is not acceptable. The the x600 is clocked at 500/700 while the 9600pro is clocked at 400/600.

radeon 9600 is also a large scaled down version of radeon 9800 and 9800p has slower core clock than radeon 9600pro and xt yet outperform both.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
akshayt said:
radeon 9600 is also a large scaled down version of radeon 9800 and 9800p has slower core clock than radeon 9600pro and xt yet outperform both.

LOL ! Is your brain half empty?? Or are clock speeds the only measure of speeds ??

The 9600 pro has 4 rendering pipelines and 128 bit memory !!
The 9800 pro has 8 pipes and 256 bit memory. the 9600xt sports the same specs only with higher core speeds and memory. Dude dont keep posting crap just to make ur point !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom