1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

A couple of questions................

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by imported_dheeraj_kumar, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imported_dheeraj_kumar

imported_dheeraj_kumar New Member

1.i have a samsung 52-32-52 writer, till a month back it worked fine, now it cannot read or write any cd but responds to windows (right click on dcrive and click eject etc work) also the cd spins inside the drive but it cant read from the drive

the cds are fine, as i checked them with another cd drive which i have...

is my lens the problem? if i need to clean it plz gimme some instructions as ive never done it before...

2.i have winxp running and i have windows millenium setup, now i need to install ME in another drive(empty), but running the setup in xp fails...i have some problems doing it in dos so, is it possible?

2. amitgg

amitgg New Member

you can load xp after Win Me but not vice versa.

3. shovik

shovik Banned

As for your first query, it seems that your cd writer's lens have some problem. only by ejecting the disc and the rotation of the disc doesn't mean your lens is ok. Try this to check if your lens is ok: goto device manager, locate your DVD/CD ROM drives and extend its property by clicking the plus sign against it, do it for the drive you r facing problems. then right click on it and goto properties->volumes->populate. Do this while keeping a cd in the drive. If ur drive populates the cd correctly then your lens is ok but if not then u have to get a new CD-RW drive.

as for your second question, you have to install Windows ME first then Windows XP.

Happy computing.........

4. nach p

nach p New Member

After installing XP u cant install any prevoious version of Xp inXP mode.
    To install such previous versions u have to setup throgh bootable media.But after installing any version like ME u have to reinstall XP agaain as bootloader will directly boot in ME and no option to select xp.
    Have a good luck....
    If any problem then let us know.

5. OP
    OP
    imported_dheeraj_kumar

imported_dheeraj_kumar New Member

i put a digit cd and clicked populate ...it says no media found....so do i need to clean my lens or get a new drive? if i need to clean plz gimme some instructions as ive never done it before...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.