Votes: 5 55.6%
  • use freeme.in

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
I was thinking, there is a lot of information here in the OpenSource section, but it is largely inaccessible, also, we have people who know are very knowledgeable on Linux , so how about starting a blog on Linux, which will have Tips & Tricks, How-to's , News , Reviews and anything regarding Linux.

Everyone who is interested(genuinely) could be added as an author and contribute to the blog.

If quite a few folks are interested , we could get together and start one.

Share your thoughts on the idea.

Update :

We have decided to go with freeme.in .

The List Of Contributors: (as of now)

. rayraven
. QwertyManiac
. abhinandh

Last edited:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
some reputed member should own the domain name and keep track of the quality of posts :D hosting, maintanence etc

or we could go for wordpress.com for the time being.. if things work out stuff can be moved to a hosted blog ;)

_

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
some reputed member should own the domain name and keep track of the quality of posts :D hosting, maintanence etc

IMO, we should have a few reputed members do that.
If in any case one of them isn't available, the others can help out and moderate the posts.

or we could go for wordpress.com for the time being.. if things work out stuff can be moved to a hosted blog ;)

Yes, we could start with wordpress,
but , if many members are interested, perhaps a hosted solution could be considered.

PcEnthu

Linux Learner
Instead of going for a new blog, how about creating a new section (like 'Open source') in this forum and have the contents of that section screened before actually being posted

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Thats coz finding information in a forum is hard, as threads increase.
In a blog, its easier using the tags and categories.

The blog will only have information that can be used readily;no questions and answers by viewers like in a forum.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Oops, forgot about the good old Freeme.in guys here used to run.

Head over to Freeme.in and you can blog there for free, all you need to do is sign in. Any changes to themes or controls etc in the Drupal CMS running there just contact mehulved or kalpik.

Btw, Baywords has nothing special really, just that air of freedom it gives you when you work under The Pirate Bay's shelter. :p

But do try Freeme guys, its been down a long time without active participators. But its all available to you for free and ready now, so :)

Last edited:

Sykora

I see right through you.
I registered there too, and I haven't gotten my password either.

But I do feel that for a collaborative effort, Drupal is the best platform.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Um did they send you guys an activation link atleast? Clicking that would get you to a page showing the username and the password. Then just login and change it.

Wait, is this about Freeme or BayWords?

Edit: About Freeme.in, do check your spam mail. I found my freeme mails in there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom