_Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinsujais

Broken In
Hi

In my PC there are many files in the folder "_RESTOE". Does we need that files. My PC is too slow (I mean it takes lot of time to start a program)
Give me one solution.

nach p

Journeyman
Jinsujais ,which OS u have and wht is the size of free space remaining.
If you are using windows 2000 or xp then to delete those files just turn off System Restore Once and then if u want you can enable it.

Just right click MY COMPUTER then select Properties and then System REstore Tab.

Although this feature took some space but very useful while ,OS is not enable to boot or any problem with OS.It restores your computer to a last good known configuration .
Also remove unnecessery programs and just use Disk Cleanup tool under system tools in acessories.Also check any viruses or adwares can make u r pc slow.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
hey bro...

restore folder is created by system restore facility, better dont delete 'em all.

ur comp can b slow for many reasons. search out, there is a thred on it perhaps in the first three pages of QnA section , i'v seen yesterday only.

in case of startup. typ msconfig in start-run and select selective boot and uncheck all those software which u dont wanna run o startup on their own

devarajan

Journeyman
Windows uses System Restore to restore files on your computer in case they become damaged. System Restore is enabled by default. Windows Me keeps the restore information in the _RESTORE folder. Windows XP stores this information in the System volume information folder. These folders are updated when the computer restarts. If the computer is infected with a virus, the virus could be backed up in these folders.so to avoid back up of virus it's better turn off system restore.i have turned it off....

hafees

In the zone
If you dont need system restore then just disable it. It ll definitly improve the overall performance of the system. as said early use msconfig and remove all program that do not need. (for eg: yahoo messenger, msn messenger, Winamp quick player, etc etc). YOu dont need them at start up. If you want them you can later run the application.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Disable System Restore if you don't need it.Press Pause+Break to bring up System Properties page.There you will see a tab for System Restore.You can disable from there.

If you want to free disk space run Disk Cleanup,select C: ,click on more options and delete all system restore points except recent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom