8600GT suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who

Guess Who's Back
let me slove your problem without posting FPS , without 8600 GT you can't play crysis without slowdowns even on minimum settings , so in the list 8600 GT card is the only one capable to run games like crysis, COD 4 with decent FPS on decent settings.

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
So a 8600GT wil definitely let me play all those games ( including crysis) with decent frame rates ?????? i intend to play at 1024x768. AA/AF need not be turned on....can manage with those 2 switched off....

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
well i dont know but i heard it can be overclocked to a 4ghz also.i think it was on tomshardware

*www.tomshardware.com/2006/06/12/your_diy_gaming_rig_for_720/page2.html
EDIT-- yea some ppl claim to achieve that with air cooling only.

BTW Pathik--great avatar :D and website too..!

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
In Crysis i get around 15-30FPS with everything at high except Shadows and Textures and post-processing:)

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
upgrading proccy is not possible now...... after card the first thing i wil go after is a new mobo..... n only then a C2D

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
I think getting a powerful GPU shud solve most of the problems

#XFX 8600 GTS

*www.tigerdirect.com/applications/s...0&Sku=P450-8646&SRCCODE=YAHOODF&CMP=SPC-YAHOO

or

#ASUS EN 8600GTS 256 M.B. with silent cooling

*www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.a...8600GTS+EN8600GTS+SILENT/HTDP/256M+Video+Card

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I think getting a powerful GPU shud solve most of the problems
It should but if you are looking to game at 104x768 then it gets CPU bound in which case your processor would eventually choke it.So it's better to invest in a good CPU right now if you need to game decently with a good Graphic card.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Pentium D 820 2.8 GHz is enough to support XFX 8600 GT 256 MB.... No need for a Processor upgrade...

the platform you have by judging from your siggy,

Pentium D 820
D101GGC
2 GB DDR-I (Dual Channel)

is quite fine to run the 8600 GT :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom