8 gallons of cooking oil in ur cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfame

Padawan
Source : *www.tomshardware.com/site/videos/index.html

"What happens when you seal tight a PC case, strip out the fans and add eight gallons of cooking oil? You get a totally silent and cool PC. If you don't believe me, check out the video of a working AMD Athlon FX-55 and GeForce 6800 Ultra system submerged in an oil-filled case--or should i say tank."

Download the divx video of this working system here: (20.3MB)
*www12.tomshardware.com/images/thg_video_18_oil_cooled_pc_divx.zip

Last edited:

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
i dont know....but how will u stuff 8 GALLONS of cooking oil in a PC. i doubt that it will hold more than 5L. and btw, if we tried, we'll be bankrupt. 1l-60Rs.
:D :D :D

khansdream

Journeyman
Nice stuff............!!!!

Will suggest others and see the result..............!!!!!!!!!!:D ( Never saw a Deep-Fried PC)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
saurabh.sauron said:
i dont know....but how will u stuff 8 GALLONS of cooking oil in a PC. i doubt that it will hold more than 5L. and btw, if we tried, we'll be bankrupt. 1l-60Rs.
:D :D :D
Lol there are various sizes of cases available :p

Well, what if I want to cook?

Vyasram

The pWnster
LATEST FRyING PAN (PATENT NO 1248702356324905204862-913 BY VYASRAM)

Rest the pc cabinet on its side, fill with oil after sealing the sides,use an intel ee cpu overclocked to triple its value and use four ram sticks. remove all fans and coolers. Now u can make puri's and vadas

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
Guys download this video.
It shows 3dmark05 running while they are adding oil in the case.
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL!!!!!!

Ashis said:
Won't it led to short-circuit?

Don't know, it must have short-circuited?

Vyasram

The pWnster
how can we be so sure dat they used that oiled system, thay cud have connected another one to the monitor

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
@ vyasram
if u download it u can see the lights inside the case which means its powered on!!
If its powered on & running then whts the use of connecting screen from a diff. PC.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Vyasram said:
LATEST FRyING PAN (PATENT NO 1248702356324905204862-913 BY VYASRAM)

Rest the pc cabinet on its side, fill with oil after sealing the sides,use an intel ee cpu overclocked to triple its value and use four ram sticks. remove all fans and coolers. Now u can make puri's and vadas

ROTFL

Vyasram

The pWnster
@ashfame
They mite hav used waterproof leds connected to a power source exclusively with the power off. Anyway, only one way to find out whether itz true, do it ourselves!!!!

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
Vyasram said:
@ashfame
Only one way to find out whether itz true, do it ourselves!!!!

i can't try it coz if i & something goes wrong then i am doomed but u can give it a try buddy!
Ur expense :
1. Some silicon paste for making case water proof
2. Cooking Oil

LOL....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom