7610-DKU2-PC Suite! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Okay i bought new 7610 and installed latest drivers for the DKU-2 cable alongwith the Nokia PC suite (version 6.7 [Digit-January 2006]).

Now when i open PC Suite, get connected wizard starts. But the problem is that the wizard gets stuck on the screen, where it says,"Please connect your cable to the computer and your mobile phone to the cable". The pointer turns into if theres some loading going on... I waited for three hours but it doesnt recognize my phone!! Although windows recognize the phone and plays the 'tring' sound when i connect the phone into the USB, and installs all the drivers for it. But the phone simply wont show up on the F'N PC Suite... WTH??
Im running XP Pro with SP2.

I hope someone here help me to rectify the problem...
Thanx!

P.S>Dont tell me to use BT/IR USB adapter.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Some mobile Virus create this problem. Try installing a good antivirus software in mobile and scan it, including Phone memory. Then try connecting..

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
You should connect your phone when you reach the screen which says "Please connect your phone .. ... " .. If you plug in your phone before starting the wizard, it wont be detected ...

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanx people for your replies. I solved the problem. I was using the latest version PC suite (6.8), downloaded from nokia website, and it was giving errors. But when i used version 6.3. which is older, The phone was detected as soon as i connected it...
Maybe sometimes older things are better... :)

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
I tried both 6.7 and 6.8(latest) and both were giving me errors. Now i am using 6.3, which was shipped with the phone, and it is working great.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
6.3 ok. I have 6.44 version.
thanks for replying.
but now from where i can get version? Is there any site that keeps lower version s/w? anybody.

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
6.3 ok. I have 6.44 version.
but now from where i can get version? Is there any site that keeps lower version s/w? anybody.
Try this link.....
*nds2.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/Nokia_PC_Suite_63_en.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom