7600GS or 8500GT ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
I have a budget of Rs.5-6K.Plz suggest if I should go for XFX 7600GS or 8500GT.I know 7600GT is miles ahead of both of these,but I cant afford that.I am an avg gamer,play CS 1.6 a lot,n wanna try out S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
The DX10 support really entises me in 8500GT……plz reply soon…

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I own an 8500GT. I was in the same dilemma as you are, a month back. I finally decided to buy 8500GT.

But the thing is, I am always playing DirectX 9 games.
When i installed both the DX9 and DX10 demo of Lost Planet: Extreme conditions, I realised that this card will never be able to play DX10 games. However it played the DX9 demo at medium settings.

So either go for 8600GT or better buy 7600GS.If you need to play a DX10 exclusive game any time soon( Which i know won't happen ), 8500GT won't be of much use any ways.

Hope you got your answer. Let me know if you want to know more about this card.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Exactly.The 8500GT is a basic DX10 card & as such don't expect it to be performing well with upcoming DX10 titles thinking that it has the so-called "DX10" tag over it.Infact it would barely struggle to keep up with most of the titles.7600GS would be a fair choice at this point IMO or just save a little more & perhaps go in for 8600GT which could be a fine choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom