7300 gs problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
i have GF7300GS 256 mb graphics card(PCIE) the problem is that the box says it supports 512 of vid memory and fr dat it needs 1 g of ram so i upgraded my ram to 1gb but still its showin 256 mb ...ihv
3.06 ghz processsor
intel 915 GEV mobo
1gb kingston memory

Stalker

Padawan
Upgrading ram will not change the video ram on ur gfx card.......what do u mean by it supports 512???

G

gxsaurav

the 7300GS U have has turbocache technology, which can use the onboard 256MB + share 256 MB from system memory, but for that u need to have 1 GB system RAM

don't worry, u won't notice any difference on this card, upgrade to 1 GB cos of general usage, but turbocache won't do much help

OP
Ambar

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
so u mean to say that i wont be able to see that it is sharing the ram ...but it actually will be .......

OP
Ambar

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
teknoPhobia said:
*i40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/EL_Ankon/7300GS.jpg

:D
thats exactly wht i want .......can u tell me how to do it.........

plzzzzzzzzzzzz........i want to knowwwwwww........

Last edited:

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
It does that by default if you have a GB or more of RAM... I didn't have to tweak any settings or anything. Btw, by MB is a Nvidia board, that might have something to do with it, also in system properties, it does shows the full RAM as well

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
me thinks that it is possible that it uses upto 512mb of memory, 256mb from ram and 256mb from dedicated chipset, and the former 256mb only when using that kind of app, maybe when the latter gets filled which is not very likely on a 7300GS as it can't even use 128mb of vram fully in the sense that a 128mb 6600GT should beat it.

OP
Ambar

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
u can easily say that coz the architectuer of 6600 gt is completely dif and pretty much better........and its also costlier than 7300 gs......Rs 6500 fr 256 mb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom