6800GT SLI benchies

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
And what exactly was disappointing abt that review ????

Let me see It says that the performance gains of using the dual nature of PCI Express give u the ability to be future proof and that is disappointing ???!!

Well if it is sarcasm then forgive me :D

G

gxsaurav

disappointing, where,

may be due to the cost, only a mad cow will spend $1K on 2 6800GT

rohanbee

Padawan
I feel in the graphics card segment is the scene of most exciting times ahead. SLI:- it is too early to jump the gun and claim it to be disappointing.

Anadtech although very through with their reviews have tried to be the first few to review the SLI's capabilities. So as they say themselves they have had less time and limited options (cards) to do their tests on.

The conclusion says that it is better buying 6600gt and one later when it is cheaper and get as near & good a performance as the 6800GT...

OP
N

nikhilesh

Journeyman
actually i was just telling that the cards were very CPU limited.
even the fastest processor in the world(amd 64 FX-55) was a bottleneck.read the review thoroughly.

but i have to agree that the performance was mind blowing.but im sure a new gen acrd will be faster than two NV40's in SLI.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Yup the cards will be CPU bound in most games. And the thing is that the games tested were Gfx intensive ones.......right now going for SLI isnt worth it. Maybe sometime in the future when we have the games that could offer some challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom