Status
Not open for further replies.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
I got a n6630 and i plan to get 512 mb card this week.

Now My queries.
1. Currently i use 64mb which came with the phone and now when i upgrade to 512mb card the applications which came preinstalled with the phone and the applications which i installed myself will stop working. so how do i copy all the contents in exactly the way to 512 mb without any affecting all the installed applications...

2. My friend has got a 6680 when he sends file through bluetooth, and if the file size greater than the available memory in the phone then i am not able to receive it even though i have more free memory in my memory card. How can i set the phone to by default save the file to memory card.

Thanks

Regards......

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
My Dear Friend ... :)

(i) First of all .. those are applications can be installed any time
How? ...
Well ... they are easily available at Nokia Site .. just go there and download them for < FREE >

(ii) Secondly if you are going for a 512MB DV-RS MMC

Then for tranfer you have to buy a Card-Reader which will cost you around Rs. 450 or so

Bcoz .. If you transfer large file through Cable or BT it takes very long time

So, .. buying a Card Reader with 512MB .. is Highly recommended.

(iii) If you have the card reader .. then you can simply put the card in .. and
Press: CTRL A ... and copy the contants on your computer .. and then you can copy them back on the 512MB Card .. and

You have all the applications back as they were in 64 MB Card ... :lol:

2. Dear everything is fine with your phones It just need liittle change in settings ..
Do exactly what I say

Go to the Messages>Setting>other ... and change the memory in use to MEMORY CARD

And you are done ... :wink:

Now you can tranfer the large files easily .. throught BT

btw which card you are buying .. n whats the price

prash007

Journeyman
I hav doubts on ur questions...
Need more info on:

Ques 1-->Does the appln installed in the phone works only with that 64mb card?

Ques 2--> Cant u change the settings of the memory in use to mem. card? I think by default it wud be ur phone...right?

need ur help...

OP
S

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Thanks mobilegeek

The blue tooth is now working without any fuss. Will let you about the memory card when i get one tommorrow. What memory card reader should i buy to read DV-RSMMC??

One more Query:
i have lot of application in my phone. And now i have removed many of them also. But now my phone has become very slow. When i bought it it was blazing fast. How to bring it to normal. Now even to view one sms it takes ages.

Thanks

Regards..

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
prash007 .. I suppose it was shivaranjan.b query ..
but anyway ..

As for your first Ques. ... The answer is NO

I didnt get the second Question ..

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
shivaranjan.b said:
Thanks mobilegeek

The blue tooth is now working without any fuss. Will let you about the memory card when i get one tommorrow. What memory card reader should i buy to read DV-RSMMC??

One more Query:
i have lot of application in my phone. And now i have removed many of them also. But now my phone has become very slow. When i bought it it was blazing fast. How to bring it to normal. Now even to view one sms it takes ages.

Thanks

Regards..

1. Any card reder that can read DualVoltage Card
e.g 25 in 1 card reader costs 450rs.

2. Format the mmc ..
and applications as i said can be downloaded from www.nokia.co.in

prash007

Journeyman
yup...it was to shivarajan...
But i ve seen ur posts jus now...Am clear with it! I almost had the answers in my ques..
Regarding my 2nd ques... u can change ur memory in use settings to memory card..

Got ur answer...Cool..

shivaranjan.b...
pls avoid installing appln in ur phone as far as possible. Use ur mem card. Jus hav the imp. s/w on ur phone. That wud do. Now to revert back...if its ur mem. card u can go for a format...regarding ur phone ask the experts(say...mobilegeek)...;-)

thanx.

OP
S

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Using ffexplorer i see lot of files related to the applicatins which i have uninstalled. Can i delete those files safely??

Thanks for your replies guys..

Regards..

prash007

Journeyman
U can delete them if u r Confident that other s/w's arent using them! Also...once u ve got ur new 512..take a backup of the s/w. Then u can delete all the crap n later restore it. Patience is the virtue...:)

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
shivaranjan.bMake sure that those file are of uninstalled programme

and

Do make a backup of your data before formating

OP
S

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
i have installed most of the applications in the mem card only. How will formatting the mem card help my phone become faster???

Will the phone become slow after installing 512 mb card??

Thanks
Regards...

prash007

Journeyman
It does happen..formatting ur mem. card shows improvement in speed. regarding ur 512 card...Maybe a little...as it has to access a larger memory..but not sluggish for sure.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
We can backup using pc suite with "backup memorycard contents also"
Then insert the new MMC and Restore it,everything will come

OP
S

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Hi guys for got memory card of 512 mb for 2500 bucks of NCP make.
And and a card reader for 325 bucks and bluetooth dongle for 450 bucks.

Are the prices ok. I got the mem card from nokia priority dealer in chennai.

Now with the new music player from the N90 my phone has been upgraded to nokia 6630 music edition.

Another Query:
As told by i have chaneged the message settings to memory card. And if do that all the sms previously received by me are not readable... How do i copy all the previous sms from the phone memory to the memory card.

Now posting the mem card photo pls tell me whether it is original or not.

Photo 1
*img377.imageshack.us/img377/2286/dsc010727ra.th.jpg

Photo 2
*img377.imageshack.us/img377/4038/dsc010738vn.th.jpg

Thanks

Regards...

OP
S

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
The memory card is working is fine.

And i think it should be DV coz then it will not work in my phone right???

What will happen if i use ordinary RS-MMC in my phone???

Same Question:

As told by i have chaneged the message settings to memory card. And if do that all the sms previously received by me are not readable... How do i copy all the previous sms from the phone memory to the memory card.

Thanks...

prash007

Journeyman
Ur messages stored in the phone can be viewed by reverting it back to phone mem. Am not sure if u can copy it to ur mem. card.
And as for the card...is it written DV on it?

My query:
Can a backup of msgs be taken onto ur pc? If yes...how?

prash007

Journeyman
oh ok...But that metal part on ur card suggests its a RS.

hi all,
any solutions for this? how do u find out its a DV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom