6630 Memory Low problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

official

In the zone
My Nokia 6630 is just a week old.I have 64 MB MMC in it.Only Opera is installed in mmc and nothing else.Phone memory is also free.When ever i try to open Web after opening Opera and minimising it it shows "memory low" and closes.please help

K

krazyfrog

The 'memory' that ur phone is referring to is the system memory (RAM) and not phone memory or memory card. When u open apps, they use some of this system memory. If u open too many apps at a time, the system memory will get low and the phone will display "memory low". Always close unnecessary apps. To see the list of running apps, press and hold menu key. Then press 'C' to close unnecessary apps.

OP
official

official

In the zone
I know that.It even shows "memory low" by opening only opera and web.FExplorer shoes Ram Drive D:(1488 free/1507KB) after opening opera.

K

krazyfrog

The one that FExplorer shows is not the real RAM. The real RAM memory of 6630 is 8mb. There are a few softwares which can show the real RAM, but i don't remember their names.
About the problem ur facing, try restarting the phone a couple of times. If it still doesn't do the trick, you might have to format the phone once.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
krazyfrog said:
The one that FExplorer shows is not the real RAM. The real RAM memory of 6630 is 8mb. There are a few softwares which can show the real RAM, but i don't remember their names.
About the problem ur facing, try restarting the phone a couple of times. If it still doesn't do the trick, you might have to format the phone once.

I think u r wrong @krazyfrog. the ammount of physical ram present in 6630 is ~20m.

krazyfrog said:
...real RAM. The real RAM memory of 6630 is 8mb...

Btw i wasnt knowing therez sumthin called 'Real Ram'... <lol>... hmm.. then there must be 'unreal ram' too...

Another thing... RAM == Random Access Memory. Then.. whatz 'RAM Memory' ?

Btw... im not very sure on this .. but if i aint wrong.. then FExplorer shows the heap memory.

K

krazyfrog

Sorry boy genius, 6630 has only 8mb of ram. You can go to sites like My-Symbian and All About Symbian and search their, if you don't believe me. And instead of finding silly mistakes, maybe you can give the guy a little hand by solving his problem.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
@krazyfrog... no offence fells... iws really outta my mind whn i wrote this.. moreovr pls tk it in a light sense... im sry if dat did hrt ya... it ws unintentional...
Check out taskspy.
so..letz be friendzz.... okay...?

K

krazyfrog

akuCRACKER said:
@krazyfrog... no offence fells... iws really outta my mind whn i wrote this.. moreovr pls tk it in a light sense... im sry if dat did hrt ya... it ws unintentional...
Check out taskspy.
so..letz be friendzz.... okay...?
Apology accepted, Friend!

Pathik

Google Bot
krazy is rite... 6630 has 8 mb ram... Use appman 4 Compressing ram tho it wont make much diff..

size of RAM in nokia 6630 is 10166272 bytes... and dont use ram compression software... it hangs the phone...and about the problem.. you should try to assign the cache of opera to use the memory card instead of phone's memory..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom