64 Bit Sempron [Socket 754] available in India Finally !

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabster

In the zone
Yeah, Sempron 64 is available, see prices at www.deltapage.com but it is 2200+ and 2400+ only....

See review of Sempron 64 at *www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20050801/

Also Anybody heard of celeron D 64 bit (LGA 775), I feel that they are more impressive in terms of processing power,Along with 910 GLDW it should work really well,
But don't know tht it is available in India or not,

indro

In the zone
Impressive that AMD has released a 2500+ S-754 ,i thought the only 64 bit sempron out there was a 3400+ . i think the 2200+ and the 2400+ are still on the socket A .Its going to do very well combined with the ATI RS480 chipset :D (S 754)

Intel still has a very compettive part to defend AMD.

dabster

In the zone
indro said:
i think the 2200+ and the 2400+ are still on the socket A .Its going to do very well combined with the ATI RS480 chipset :D (S 754)

Intel still has a very compettive part to defend AMD.

the Sempron 64 are for Socket 754 only....

AlienTech

In the zone
aadipa said:
ATI RS480 are for S939

According to ATI the same chipset supports both Socket 754 and 939.. But with Nvidea competing with on board GFX on the 754 they might not sell any. ?? I know I would go for the NF3 since the performance is close to the RS480 but I get a lot more options to over clock and stuff.

M62K8-MLF is the ATi next generation integrated PCI Express chipset with DirectX 9.0 core 128MB (SMA) RADEON X300 graphics built-in for the complete range of AMD Athlon 64, and AMD Sempron processors. The RADEON XPRESS 200G brings both stunning 3D graphics and universal connectivity in a chipset design that provides exceptional value for the high performance, from everyday multimedia applications to high-definition 3D gaming. Socket Type Socket 754. CPU Platform AMD Sempron / Athlon 64.

ATi RS480 Xpress 200G
*www.eqscomputers.com/products/mobo/motherboard.php?model=M62K8-MLF

AlienTech

In the zone
AMD Sempron 64 - 2600 RS3050.... WOOOZA!!!! So now you can get a 64bit machine for under 15K. Thats like 50% the speed of a upper mid range one costing 30K. It would be enough for most things and just as usable for most people.

I would have gone for this if it was available 3 months ago. IE my AMD3000+ machine is running at a max under 50% load at 50% CPU speed using Cool&Quiet mode for 99% of the time. Even while burning a DVD and watching another one at the same time. The only time it ever kicks into high gear is when I run a game or compress something. errr the rest 1% of the time. Unlike the Intel one I was using which was pretty much always maxed out but was running at a faster MHZ than the AMD.

IN fact I still wonder if the gage works... But I can see it move around and jump up when ever I bring up WINRAR and do something with it. The playing DVD not taking up CPU cycles is due to the RS480 GFX built in DVD decoder functions that helps out a lot it seems.

din4204u

Broken In
i have gone to the rashi peripherals office yesterday to buy a sony dvd writer and i saw them opening a big package from which they were writing serial numbers of amd processors.
when i got to see the amd procc package i was amazed that they were amd sempron 2500+ 64bit.

so u can go to rasi if u need to buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom