60 million legal VISTA licensees !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft’s CEO has said today that currently Windows Vista boasts with more than 60 million legal licensees, and that the Windows-powered PCs will surpass the number of cars produced in the world by the end of fiscal year 2008. That means more than 1 billion Windows users.

"By our math, we eclipsed the entire installed base of Apple in the first five weeks that this product [Vista] shipped"

*www.computerworld.com/action/artic...articleId=9028118&taxonomyId=89&intsrc=kc_top

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hmmm.. i sense a feelin of fear in MS. i dunno what makes me think so but MS sure considers Apple as a potential market grabber. jus observe their statements during the past 6-7 months and you can easily see that.

ot: 60m?? thats a huge numbER!!!!

Add 1 from me too.

U know wot MS tells....Apple develops the technology but Microsoft makes it popular.

Whatever Apple makes Microsoft try to make the same thing based on their technology.. take the case of MAC OS and Vista, iPOD and Zune and in no time something to compete with iPHOne will coem from MIcrosoft stable. (it is for sure)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Anand

though I am using one but Theoritically Till date I am yet to buy one :p... I suppose the one I am using is not on that 60m figure !!

??

Last edited:
OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
i think u r rt cheeta : release says - Microsoft has shipped 60 million copies to PC makers, retailers and customers.
we fit in none of these 3 catgories, though we r using legal vista's.

also noteworthy : ms attributed the figures to better security and reliability in Vista compared to XP. For instance, he said that it has had 21% fewer support calls per copy of Vista compared to when XP was launched.

actually imo, most vista problems occur due to the crapware wich is pre-installed on new pc's. it is such craplets which slow down or mess up vista... iv been using a clean instal vista, and i have yet to c a bsod and in fact am rather satisfied with it.

^tareyg : home prm is a good choice. nowadays vista ulti is priced at around 9K and xp pro around 6K so the price difrnc has reduced too. vista home prm is wat 6K ??

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
anandk said:
i think u r rt cheeta : release says - Microsoft has shipped 60 million copies to PC makers, retailers and customers.
we fit in none of these 3 catgories, though we r using legal vista's.

And you guys are just handful to fit in OTHERS(MVP) category;)

also noteworthy : ms attributed the figures to better security and reliability in Vista compared to XP. For instance, he said that it has had 21% fewer support calls per copy of Vista compared to when XP was launched.

M$ learnt a lot about security after been messed a lot with XP:p..but I still feel they should really improve more in terms of security features when other security products are in comparison :)

actually imo, most vista problems occur due to the crapware wich is pre-installed on new pc's. it is such craplets which slow down or mess up vista... iv been using a clean instal vista, and i have yet to c a bsod and in fact am rather satisfied with it.

I already experienced BSOD thrice on my Vista Machine:D ..(Heck with XP games)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
rakeshishere said:
And you guys are just handful to fit in OTHERS(MVP) category

Not talking about MVP, we dont get Vista because we are MVP but rather under MSDN/TechNet Plus package which is offered to us, in that case when u consider TechNet Plus / MSDN subscription holder suddenly that handfull number because really high !!!

:D

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Choto Cheeta said:
Not talking about MVP, we dont get Vista because we are MVP but rather under MSDN/TechNet Plus package which is offered to us, in that case when u consider TechNet Plus / MSDN subscription holder suddenly that handfull number because really high !!!

:D

My mistake :oops:

shantanu

Technomancer
MSDN and Technet Subscriptions also come in the shipment dont by M$.. coz its just free for MSFT and MVP and some partners and else it is paid.. so we do come in that category brothers... :D

and well if we dont then i am in that category... :D:D:D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
anandk said:
^tareyg : home prm is a good choice. nowadays vista ulti is priced at around 9K and xp pro around 6K so the price difrnc has reduced too. vista home prm is wat 6K ??

Anand , i got it with new laptop. Have not purchased it seprately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom