5 Questions only ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericppereira

Right off the assembly line
I have an AMD K6-2 on a Jetway J-542B Motherboard system running Windows 98 SE with 128MB RAM, a SiS6215c PCI Graphics Accelerator Card and a Yamaha OPL3 -SAx Soundcard.

a) My motherboards battery has run out. What battery type should I buy to replace it and from which manufacturer? Where can I purchase it from?

b) Recently I removed the soundcard out of it's ISA slot to clean it from dust when I put it back and started my computer, It searched for new hardware and istalled it along with a gameport driver. I then removed the gameport driver from the Device Manager and restarted my computer. Windows again installs it. If I select not to the soundcard does not work. This repeats itself if I remove the Gamport driver. Please help.

d) Is there a way to remove buttons I don't use in WMP 7.1 like Skin Chooser, Portable Device.

e) How do I change the Album Name in WMP7.1.

f) I want to overclock my CPU and PCI Graphics Card. I use SoftFSB and PowerStrip. What are the correct clock speeds to set it to to achieve optimal performance.

g) Everytime computer starts the C: Drive automatically opens up in Explorer. I have checked all startup and registry entires, but there is no mention of an Explorer window. How do I prevent this from happening?

Eric Pereira,
Goa.

ujjwal

Padawan
I have that same soundcard ... I think you should let the gameport joystick driver as it is ... it won't cause conflicts.

g) Post your HijackThis log - *www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

BTW, I had a similar problem when i installed norton ...

ishaan

Padawan
motherboard battery -
'CR-2032'
(its like a coin)
if normal shops dont have it, a watch or camera shop will.

in wmp, rite clock on song and go to ADVANCED TAG EDITOR to change alubm, artist, title, genre,etc.

i dont think u can remove da buttons from da sides but neways get wmp10 or 9...7 is old now

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
a) A stationary shop may also have this, but most likely with a PC dealer/reseller (@ Rs. 15.00)

b) Guess you have inserted the soundcard in any of the other ISA slots. Your sound card does have a gameport and there is nothing wrong when it is installed.

f) I recommend not to overclock the processor because it may be harmful to your cpu/motherboard. And your CPU and mobo may be difficult to get when one gets failed (they are not manufactured/supported now). Better try adding more RAM. Still if you see the need to overclock, google the net for the correct setting of your CPU mobo combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom