5 Questions only ...

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by ericppereira, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericppereira

ericppereira New Member

I have an AMD K6-2 on a Jetway J-542B Motherboard system running Windows 98 SE with 128MB RAM, a SiS6215c PCI Graphics Accelerator Card and a Yamaha OPL3 -SAx Soundcard.

a) My motherboards battery has run out. What battery type should I buy to replace it and from which manufacturer? Where can I purchase it from?

b) Recently I removed the soundcard out of it's ISA slot to clean it from dust when I put it back and started my computer, It searched for new hardware and istalled it along with a gameport driver. I then removed the gameport driver from the Device Manager and restarted my computer. Windows again installs it. If I select not to the soundcard does not work. This repeats itself if I remove the Gamport driver. Please help.

d) Is there a way to remove buttons I don't use in WMP 7.1 like Skin Chooser, Portable Device.

e) How do I change the Album Name in WMP7.1.

f) I want to overclock my CPU and PCI Graphics Card. I use SoftFSB and PowerStrip. What are the correct clock speeds to set it to to achieve optimal performance.

g) Everytime computer starts the C: Drive automatically opens up in Explorer. I have checked all startup and registry entires, but there is no mention of an Explorer window. How do I prevent this from happening?

Eric Pereira,
    Goa.

2. ujjwal

ujjwal New Member

I have that same soundcard ... I think you should let the gameport joystick driver as it is ... it won't cause conflicts.

g) Post your HijackThis log - http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

BTW, I had a similar problem when i installed norton ...

3. ishaan

ishaan New Member

motherboard battery -
    'CR-2032'
    (its like a coin)
    if normal shops dont have it, a watch or camera shop will.

in wmp, rite clock on song and go to ADVANCED TAG EDITOR to change alubm, artist, title, genre,etc.

i dont think u can remove da buttons from da sides but neways get wmp10 or 9...7 is old now

4. lywyre

lywyre Active Member

a) A stationary shop may also have this, but most likely with a PC dealer/reseller (@ Rs. 15.00)

b) Guess you have inserted the soundcard in any of the other ISA slots. Your sound card does have a gameport and there is nothing wrong when it is installed.

f) I recommend not to overclock the processor because it may be harmful to your cpu/motherboard. And your CPU and mobo may be difficult to get when one gets failed (they are not manufactured/supported now). Better try adding more RAM. Still if you see the need to overclock, google the net for the correct setting of your CPU mobo combination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.