5 Million Pirated Discs in Asia-Pacific Sting

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Operation Trident consisted of 1,874 raids which resulted in the seizing of nearly 5 million pirated discs and the arrest of 870 people during a two-month anti-piracy operation. The large-scale operation targeted pirate production facilities, pirated optical discs from street vendors, retail shops and markets; and the exporters of pirated DVDs and video CDs. The Asia-Pacific countries involved in the raids included Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. While Malaysia conducted the most raids - 606, with 329 people arrested - it was China where officials seized the most discs: 60% of the 4.8 million total.

Source : *www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=37945

hailgautam

Youngling
It hardly works, only to show to the wester world that these govt.s are taking action. they'll pay bribes to the cops take bail and come out and start selling these dvds/cds again.

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I guess it would be better if MPAA themselves start allowing legal downloads of DivX/XviD Movies at an affordable rate from their website

This will not only bring down piracy, but will also allow people all over the world to watch their favourite movies without having to worry about size of the data :D

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Don't be such a hardcore "RED" suporter.Write your posts in black:D
RED=Manchester United(to non football followers)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom