40 GB HDD ON PENTIUM mmx

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangemayur

Journeyman
is it the P2 or initial P3 ?.. as the motherboard of that time were of 440 series which didnt support the 40GB Hdd so we use to clip it to upper/lower 32GB...
if thats the case, u can upgrade the bios, which will solve this issue.... there was a workaround to this.. Segate came up with the program which used to reside in boot sector and used to load before the OS... but personally i dont prefer this option..

KHUBBU

Journeyman
He is talking about Pentium 1 MMX most probably 200 Mhz and mobo maybe 440zx.

like mayur said u can use the seagate utility which afaik work only for seagate drives. But I have a more simple soln. Try it , maybe it will help u.

I had a P1 200 Mhz, attached 20 GB hdd, it recognized only 8.4 GB. Got my new system (P4 HT 2.8, 865, 40 GB, Win Xp pro), attached the old 20 GB to my new rig, formatted the unallocated space (ie the remaining 11.6 GB) into 2 partitions using Xp's Disk Management, then again connected it to my old rig and it worked , it recognised all the partitions. I cud store/delete anything on the new partition. It worked for me. Maybe it was a miracle . Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom