4.1 speakers acting as 2.1 in Fedora Core 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybershastri

Journeyman
Hello readers,

I have installed Fedora Core 1. The problem is that i am unable to here sound from all four speakers. The sound only comes from the two front speakers. I have Asus A7V8X-X mother board. It has onboard sound. The driver used by FC1 is via82xxx_audio. Another point to be noted is that the sound does not come when the center channel pin ( green pin) is inserted into the usual green socket. The sound comes when it is inserted into pink socket. The sound also doesnt come when inserted into the blue pin. I have tried in vain by playing with aumix and various sliders in volume control. Please help me.

Thankyou,

oldmonk

Broken In
get rid of fedora core 1 and get fedora core 3.

Or...

Download the latest alsa drivers and install them.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Hardware is a better place for this thing...anyway Why is it that everywhere you are posting this !!! Again and Again...Still
1) Upgrade Fedora Core to 2 or 3 upwards
2)Erase sound card and try running soundcard detection utility again
3) Install gnome-alsamixer-0.9.6-3.fc2.fr.i386.rpm and uncheck the Amp option...
may be this will help you...

OP
C

cybershastri

Journeyman
i will try the given suggesions.
Sorry that i am posting the topic everywhere. I dont want to do so. But somehow i am unable to figure out how to remove the topic. This is really embarrasing for me.
Thankyou.

OP
C

cybershastri

Journeyman
I tried to install the gnome-alsamixer-0.9.6-3.fc2.fr.i386.rpm. This is what i got :-

[root@localhost MyFolder]# rpm -i gnome-alsamixer-0.9.6-3.1.fc2.fr.i386-1.rpm
warning: gnome-alsamixer-0.9.6-3.1.fc2.fr.i386-1.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID e42d547b
error: Failed dependencies:
alsa-lib >= 0.9.0 is needed by gnome-alsamixer-0.9.6-3.1.fc2.fr
libasound.so.2 is needed by gnome-alsamixer-0.9.6-3.1.fc2.fr
libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9) is needed by gnome-alsamixer-0.9.6-3.1.fc2.fr
[root@localhost MyFolder]#

firewall

In the zone
well, these are dependency error. You need those pakcages prior to instaling alsa.. ! first install those and try again..

:)

OP
C

cybershastri

Journeyman
Thankyou everybody,
I have solved the problem.
I installed the latest ALSA driver and all worked fine except that the sound came from the front speakers. This problem was solved by playing with alsamixer.
Now i want to remove this topic from the forum. I dont know how to do it. Can you help me plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom