3200+ overclocked from 2.0 to 2.86 Ghz default HSF n paste..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
Just got the following about 6 hours ago........

AMD Athlon 3200+ Venice E3
ASUS A8N-E
1 Gb (2x512) Corsair 2.5 Cas Latency RAM
XFX Geforce 6600 256MB
200Gb SATA Seagate Barracuda
Colorsit 450W SMPS
Sony DVD-RW

Installed everything and running fine
I have overclocked the Processor to 2.8 Ghz stable, atlesast Prime95 is running stable now, since an hour.

But my memory cannot be taken beyond 440Mhz, it becomes unstable,
now if i set it to 256Mhz and cpu freq at 280Mhz then memory speed becomes
266*(280/200)=372Mhz

now i want to run my memory at 440Mhz, but there is no option of setting it between 266 and 333, so what do i do now....???

The venice is running cool, even after overclocking to 2.8Ghz, and i am loving this SMPS, it is a 450W SMPS with 2fans, for 1500.... and to see if it can cause any problems in future i made it power apart from mobo and processor,

The graphics card
2 DVD combo
2 HDD's
6 Fans

and it just run fine.

Anyhow how do i overclock my gfx card, i increased the PCI frequency but in everest it shows same clock speed for gpu, so how do i overclock it, or see it's overclock atleast....

thanks

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Re: Got this finally, one question....

Kniwor said:
Just got the following about 6 hours ago........

AMD Athlon 3200+ Venice E3
ASUS A8N-E
1 Gb (2x512) Corsair 2.5 Cas Latency RAM
XFX Geforce 6600 256MB
200Gb SATA Seagate Barracuda
Colorsit 450W SMPS
Sony DVD-RW

Installed everything and running fine
I have overclocked the Processor to 2.8 Ghz stable, atlesast Prime95 is running stable now, since an hour.

266*(280/200)=372Mhz

now i want to run my memory at 440Mhz, but there is no option of setting it between 266 and 333, so what do i do now....???

The venice is running cool, even after overclocking to 2.8Ghz, and i am loving this SMPS, it is a 450W SMPS with 2fans, for 1500.... and to see if it can cause any problems in future i made it power apart from mobo and processor,

The graphics card
2 DVD combo
2 HDD's
6 Fans

and it just run fine.

Anyhow how do i overclock my gfx card, i increased the PCI frequency but in everest it shows same clock speed for gpu, so how do i overclock it, or see it's overclock atleast....

thanks

I also have

AMD Athlon 3000+ Venice E3
ASUS A8N-E
1 Gb (2x512) Trancend 2.5 Cas Latency RAM
Asus Geforce 6200 256MB (TC Version)
80Gb SATA II Hitachi
Priya SMPS ( Wattage not metioned, runninig fine, with very little change in votages)
Sony 810A DVD-RW

What I suggest is to use the Asus utilities for overclocking CPU and NVidia utilities for GPU (ie. for OC within safe limits)

Before that update all your drivers and Bios to the latest version.

V.Prem Kumar

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@Kniwor , i wud never dare to oc a pc that's only 6 hrs old ;)

btw , can u please list the price of individual components that u paid for ur pc. My frn is also planning to buy a similar config .

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
cost around 5200 for the pair....

ok guys, here is the final thing...

My processor runs at 2.86 Ghz stable, in air, at the default AMD heatsink and paste provided... no temperature issues...

Finally i have decided to keep my computer at these settings... after all tests

requency at 283

Processor at 2.83 Ghz

Ram at 377Mhz, Cas Ltency = 2.0
Basically 2-3-3-6 1T @ 377Mhz

HTT at 1132

this is perfectly stable, Tested OCCT and Prime95 for about 7 hours....

u will see the ram at low speed because there is no appropiate divider, otherwise this ram is capable of 450Mhz stable..... @2.5Cas Latency 1T

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
Re: Got this finally, one question....

janitha said:
I also have

AMD Athlon 3000+ Venice E3
ASUS A8N-E
1 Gb (2x512) Trancend 2.5 Cas Latency RAM
Asus Geforce 6200 256MB (TC Version)
80Gb SATA II Hitachi
Priya SMPS ( Wattage not metioned, runninig fine, with very little change in votages)
Sony 810A DVD-RW

What I suggest is to use the Asus utilities for overclocking CPU and NVidia utilities for GPU (ie. for OC within safe limits)

Before that update all your drivers and Bios to the latest version.

V.Prem Kumar

Thank you for the suggesion but i always do a manual overclock for CPU my friend...... nothing is better than doing it manually... you have all the freedom...

this is my personal opinion and please dont come to me with fried CPU´s telling me i suggested manually overclocking
Please ask on the forum before u overvolt anything... or PM me if no-one answers... but dont overvolt components without confirming if u are new to overclocking

Price of components..

AMD Athlon 3200+ Venice E3 7900+vat
ASUS A8N-E 5600+vat
1 Gb (2x512) Corsair 2.5 Cas Latency RAM 2500x2=5000+vat
XFX Geforce 6600 256MB 5800+vat
200Gb SATA Seagate Barracuda 4700+vat
Colorsit 450W SMPS 1500+vat
Sony DVD-RW 2600+vat
Intex Pulsar case 600+vat

i dont think i need to mention other things............

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
BTW how do i take screenshot in winXP....

sorry for multiple posting but just happened.....

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Use CoolBits registry mod to overclock your GPU.
It will add a new entry in your nVidia control panel, which will allow both core and memory speed changes.
Basically, it just unlocks the overclocking utility that is already present in all nV drivers.

Is your RAM rated at 2.5 CAS, or are you running it at 2.5 CAS? If the former is true, you can probably set your CAS to 2.0 without a problem, and it should yield better RAM performance. Even most RAM rated at CAS 3 can be run at CAS 2 easily.

BTW, is it just me, or have you overclocked your processor too much? An increase of 860MHz, without additional cooling seems suicidal to me...

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
Kniwor said:
BTW how do i take screenshot in winXP....

sorry for multiple posting but just happened.....

just use the printscreen button, with or without alt
and go to edit , and paste it in any of the photo editin s/w
includin M/S paint

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
AlphaOmega said:
Use CoolBits registry mod to overclock your GPU.
It will add a new entry in your nVidia control panel, which will allow both core and memory speed changes.
Basically, it just unlocks the overclocking utility that is already present in all nV drivers.

Is your RAM rated at 2.5 CAS, or are you running it at 2.5 CAS? If the former is true, you can probably set your CAS to 2.0 without a problem, and it should yield better RAM performance. Even most RAM rated at CAS 3 can be run at CAS 2 easily.

BTW, is it just me, or have you overclocked your processor too much? An increase of 860MHz, without additional cooling seems suicidal to me...

My ram is rated 2.5 CL.... and i am already running it at 2.0CL....

about 860Mhz overclock....
this is a rare processor i have got that has made this overclock possible..... within temperature limits... so basically It's not just you, I'm lucky... :wink:

if things are under control... i mean if temps are under control and CPU is stable... it is fine..

just to tell you, 3000+, 3200+, 3500+, 3800+ are not manufactured seperately, just a venice core Athlon 64 512Mb L2 cache is manufactured and then tested...
If it can run at 2.4Ghz it's mad 3800+, if at 2.2 It's made 3500+ and so on, of course margin is kept...

so i am just one of those who got a piece which was worth say 3800+ or something.... It's pure luck..... and venice cores are great

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
TechGuru#1 said:
BTW,What "CPU" & "SYSTEM" Temperature r u getting??

System temp stays between 34-39c

CPU is 43 idle when overclocked and 49-50 load....
the highest ever recorded is 54, and the case is closed from both sides, i mean it's not open, but i must admit this case has very very nice air flow arrangement.....

I have
2 front fans, 2 at the back,
and 2 fans in the PSU

so six fans that help maintain airflow in case....

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
not to forget , this is the winter season so it will not be possible for u to run the system like this in summers.

The sys config is great except the graphic card u have , it just doesn't complement the whole hardware setup u got .

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
tarey_g said:
not to forget , this is the winter season so it will not be possible for u to run the system like this in summers.

The sys config is great except the graphic card u have , it just doesn't complement the whole hardware setup u got .

ok I've put it to 2.80 Ghz...

the idle temp is 39 and hardly crosses 46...

this will be fine year round...

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
Re: 3200+ overclocked from 2.0 to 2.86 Ghz default HSF n pas

Kniwor said:
266*(280/200)=372Mhz

thanks

Some querries----------

1.Can u xplain the calculations aboy CAS latency a bit more please

2.Is the SMPS running smooth and fine ??

3.Wat's the model of SONY RW ? 810 or 811 ??

and the final price with VAT ???

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
1. Read this
*www.memorysuppliers.com/caslatwhatis1.html

2. SMPS is rock solid....

3. it says.... SONY DVD RW DW-Q30A..... how is this...???

All Prices inculsive of vat

AMD Athlon 3200+ Venice E3 ----------------------------------------------------------8216
ASUS A8N-E -----------------------------------------------------------------------------5824
1 Gb (2x512) Corsair 2.5 Cas Latency RAM ------------------------------------------5200
XFX Geforce 6600 256MB --------------------------------------------------------------6232
200Gb SATA Seagate Barracuda-------------------------------------------------------4888
Colorsit 450W SMPS --------------------------------------------------------------------1560
Sony DVD-RW ---------------------------------------------------------------------------2704
Intex Pulsar case--------------------------------------------------------------------------624
Speaker frontech 5.1 -------------------------------------------------------------------3500
Monitor Samsung 17" flat ---------------------------------------------------------------6708
Logitech KB n mouse combo ------------------------------------------------------------676
intex vibrance headphones --------------------------------------------------------------884
FDD-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------254

Total -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------47270

upendra_gp

In the zone
[My ram is rated 2.5 CL.... and i am already running it at 2.0CL....

about 860Mhz overclock....
this is a rare processor i have got that has made this overclock possible..... within temperature limits... so basically It's not just you, I'm lucky...

if things are under control... i mean if temps are under control and CPU is stable... it is fine..

just to tell you, 3000+, 3200+, 3500+, 3800+ are not manufactured seperately, just a venice core Athlon 64 512Mb L2 cache is manufactured and then tested...
If it can run at 2.4Ghz it's mad 3800+, if at 2.2 It's made 3500+ and so on, of course margin is kept...

so i am just one of those who got a piece which was worth say 3800+ or something.... It's pure luck..... and venice cores are great]

Athlon 64 512Mb L2 cache

You are kidding! Its not possible!

It is may be 512 KB L2 cache!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom