32-bit vs 64-bit

Do you use 64-bit OS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Hi, i'm thinking of upgrading my 4-yr old system and was just wondering if 64-bit software is common or not and wanted to know your experience with 64-bit software...

legolas

Padawan
i have a 32 bit system, but i don't see a point why 64 bit should have compatibility issues with softwares. Many of my friends have 64 bit systems. You can definitely go for it.

clmlbx

Technomancer
I used 64 bit but some(rare to me )softwares just denied to install on it (yes, x64)that emulates 32 bit .................so i was unable to use that softwares....that was some months ago .......looking to this thread will again try xp 64 bit ..but as now I am also using vista x64 .

OP
yogeshm.007

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Upgrade to 64 bits.......
Top 10 benefits of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Thanks, but my concern is that whether most popular apps (on windows) are available on 64-bit as well or they run well in 32-bit compatibility mode. I mostly use Linux so I can migrate to x86-64 OS without any theoretical problem, but my brother and sister use the PC via Windows. Brother mainly use MS Office, Nokia PC Suit and of course Firefox. Sister is presently into Radio and use various sound/image editing software with video editing coming next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom