3 Harddisk Crashed in 1 Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiblu

Broken In
hey guys i m in big, serious problem my college's professor called me he said that having trouble with pc. The message displayed before boot options that disk error at apai 0 disk 0 and cannot boot. I then pluged secod hdd at primary it booted and then when i first restarted after installing winxp it again showed same msg. and with the third hdd whch i brought. help.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
If there is a cable problem it will be solved by replacing them...but if the hard disks have really crashed then.....

In some mobos the Southbridge (SATA/PATA controllers) are not locked from the main bus...so when u increase the FSB the southbridge is also overclocked thus crashing the hard disk....

Disconnect all the hard disks and start the computer and check wheather nothing is overclocked from the BIOS..OR "Load default settings" in the BIOS..

But, first check the hard disks in some other computer....if it works then the hard disk is fine, if not then the SATA/PATA controllers are faulty..

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
did u try the bad hdds in another system...
cause it could be due to bad/burnt idecontroller on the mobo

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
My friend was having same problem, he blowed 4 HDDs in one day. (got replaced because of guarrenty) . There was problem in his mainboard. Check your mainboard.
As samrulez said check on different pc

phatratt

In the zone
the problem could be with the faulty IDE controller,datacable or with the power connector.If the problem occurs on primary channel then try on the secondnary,if both fails,then the mobo is at fault.As for the hdd try it on an alternate pc to make sure they are working properly.

OP
tiblu

tiblu

Broken In
I hav checked the HDD on my system they hangs on startup cant even go to bios and makes niose like kat-kat-kat sound really loud.

mangemayur

Journeyman
that means yr harddisk has some serious problems... it never makes a loud noise unless an untill something is scratching the magnetic plate... do not connect them as it will be really difficult to recove rthe data if the hdd is phyiscally damamged

OP
tiblu

tiblu

Broken In
Could it b bcoz not having earthing, i got really bad shock when i touched the cabinet.

phatratt

In the zone
earthing has got nothing to with it,i used to get shock when ever i touched my cabinet or any metal parts inside and hdd are still working fine.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
tiblu said:
Could it b bcoz not having earthing, i got really bad shock when i touched the cabinet.

As far as I know, proper earthing is most important in case of a computer and especially for the HDD.

In fact it is the first thing to check before connecting a system to the power supply. (by checking the voltage between Earth and Neutral)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom