2nd Disc Insertion Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
i had copied a two disc copy of Spider Man The Movie game from my friends disc to My hard disc but wen i tried installing the game its first disc ran perfectly and run installed till half way and the prompted me for the 2nd disc insertion message where i was in a jinx. i have Gta Vice City on my hard disc too but it dosent ask me for the 2nd disc message it directly recognises the 2nd disc contents and installs the game.can u all tell me how to remove this 2nd disc insertion message and plzz dont tell me to get the disc.

prankzter

Journeyman
U need 2 do this --->

read carefully...

1. suppose the first disk is copied in 'spider' directory, u need 2 copy the disk 2 in exactly the same directory.
If dis does not work, try this...
:wink:
2. copy both the disks in the same drive (say c:\) and name them 'disk 1' and 'disk 2'.So, u have c:\disk 1 where the setup files r....after the installation of first disk is complete, rename 'disk 1' to 'disk 3' and rename 'disk 2' as 'disk 1' then continue the setup. this works 98% of the times. :lol:

3. U can also use softwarez like 'virtual cd' etc. which allow u 2 create a virtual drive which can emulate a cd-rom drive.After u have created the virtual drive say F:, u can copy disk 1 to this drive, then after the installation of disk 1 is complete, delete disk 1 from f: drive and copy disk 2 on that drive and continue the setup. This works 100% times! :D

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
nope sorry buddyb the first and second didnt wokr for me but the virtual cd option even i know but dont have the disc and dont want it either .so plz tell me some other way.anyways thanks for helping.

rajendra99

Broken In
One way is to use use Daemon Tools & ISO Recorder. Install them. Create iso images of CDs with ISO Recorder and keep them on HDD. Whenever you need any CD, 'load' its image in D Tools. Drive letter remains same. It is like inserting new CD in a virtual drive. I use it for games like Vice City when they want game CD inserted. Saves CD from damage.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
hey rajendra i you are relating to the same virtual drive technique the i could have used Cd spasce emulator too but the thing is that i have it on my hard disk currently so i cant get the disc again so and thats my only probs or else i would have created a virtual image of it.i thought it would have been good if i would copy it onto the hard disk.so plzz try something else.

prankzter

Journeyman
u can create a virtual drive using files from hard-disk as well. once the virtual drive is created, try copy- paste technique.

JAK

What the Heck !
allwyndlima said:
i had copied a two disc copy of Spider Man The Movie game from my friends disc to My hard disc but wen i tried installing the game its first disc ran perfectly and run installed till half way and the prompted me for the 2nd disc insertion message where i was in a jinx. i have Gta Vice City on my hard disc too but it dosent ask me for the 2nd disc message it directly recognises the 2nd disc contents and installs the game.can u all tell me how to remove this 2nd disc insertion message and plzz dont tell me to get the disc.

Hmmm...

I'll try n make it as simple as possible...

Method 1:
If the installer is Install shield software then ...rename 1st disk as "Disk1" and the 2nd Disk as "Disk2" and place both Disk1" & Disk2" in the same folder and execute the setup.. :wink:
It will definitely work.... :wink:

Method 2:

Download "Cdimage"(120kb) from here
Code:
*www.freewebs.com/izzner/cdimage.zip

Copy 1st Disk to C:\Disk1 and 2nd Disk to C:\Disk2
Copy Cdimage.exe to C Drive

execute Cdimage as follows...from command prompt
For Disk1:
C:\cdimage -lCDLABEL -h -n C:\DISK1 C:\DISK1.ISO

For Disk2:
C:\cdimage -lCDLABEL -h -n C:\DISK2 C:\DISK2.ISO