2mbps is in the wire or username

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
well i have a home 500 plan and i use my office internet username for 900UL. I am sudden;y getting download speed of 200kbps in torrents... so does that mean that the speed is in the WIRE that is connected... i think MERE MATHE ME AB KHICHDI PAK RAHAI HAI...

what do u says guys if this happneds i will take a 900UL and a home 250... and u know what will happen next

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
*www.drunkendonkey.net/eng/html/emoticons/giggle.gif Neither.

u can get any speed via the wire, provided u apply for it.
It's not in the username, as u don't have to change it to get a higher/lower speed connection.

But yes, the speed is decided @ the server-end, depending what connection u applied for.

By ur question, u might have got speeds of 200kbps in ur Home500 plan, even though u should get speeds of upto 2Mbps, right. Ur UL900 plan'll give u speeds of ~256kbps but the Home500 plan'll give speeds upto 2Mbps, which means u can get the 200kbps speeds here too. U might not get a constant speed of 2Mbps, until & unless, maybe, u r residing near the main server of ur BSNL exchange, and there r very few BSNL customers other than u in ur area, for u 2 share the bandwidth. The more people to share, the slower ur connection'll turn out :wink:

the bsnl exchange is 3-4 kms away from my house...........what do u think.....will i get proper 2mbps and also.....not many bsnl users are here.
So,should i downgrade my 900UL to 500 plan.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
are u are not getting me properly...

i applied for home 500 and i am using this. Now friend who has 900ul plan has given his username and password to me and i am using that to save the bandwidth...

now i am still getting a download speed of 200kbps... do that means no matter what username u use u will get that speed as i have applied to that plan..

kbps or KBps ??
is it work on phone no. as IP ??
means any username u use...or ur telephone no. binded with speed limit...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
where do you put the User Name in BSNL BB. :confused:
i've never used it to connect.

i use it to check the Monthly Usage @ dataone portal. where else can we use this user name/pass

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
ajayashish said:
are u are not getting me properly...
i applied for home 500 and i am using this. Now friend who has 900ul plan has given his username and password to me and i am using that to save the bandwidth...
now i am still getting a download speed of 200kbps... do that means no matter what username u use u will get that speed as i have applied to that plan..
So u r using ur friend's 900UL plan & u get 200kbps, what's the prob?
U r supposed to get sub-256kbps speeds on the 900UL plan.
It's not based on phone also, afaik. In ur sense, the plan taken by the username is utilized... meanin UL900 which runs ~256kbps.

Wait a minute, did u mean 200kBps or 200kbps?
200kBps ~ 200*8=1600kbps ~ 1.6Mbps...
So u got 1.6Mbps or 200kbps?

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
see when i use my plan home500 it gives a speed o 256kbps and in the same line when i put the username and pass of my friends 900ul it gives same speed...
that means i am getting a speed of 2mbps unlimited ...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
hey ajay dude, can you pls tell me how to put user/pass of other plans for 900ul.
coz my frnd too has 500plan & i want to d/l some stuffs a bit fast.

i'm using Huawei modem (SmartAX MT880), its autodial thing.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
then does that mean that the speed comes with the type of connection we apply for and not the username we get... i will shift to 250 plan then and use my friends username when i need to download... :D

Last edited:
OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
yes he is having a PPPoE and the username and password is saved in the mdoem so when he switches on the modem he is connected...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom