256 kbps conx speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

i have Airtel 256kbps unlimited connection. but i seem to dl only at 23 KB per sec as the maximum. it oscillates somewhere between 20 and 23 only. it ought to be 32, thou it cant be perfect, i should atleast get around 28 i feel. do any of u have the same problem or how did u overcome it. thanks.

/legolas

PS: the speed tests give around 200 kbps... there itself 56 kbps is gone! :(

ashisharya

In the zone
ur comp might be installed with spyware and adwares. install anti-spyware softwares like Spybot, Spyware Doctor. run a virus check-up on *housecall.trendmicro.com.

expertno.1

Technomancer
man try this software

Tweakmaster..award winning internet speed booster utility and tweaking utiliy for internet...it guarantees you for this....
www.tweakmaster.com(shwarewre)

or try a freeware called INTERNET SPEED BOOSTER

do some spyware check aslo..there r many

aslo use good downlaod managers like DAP PREMIUM and FDM

this will surely increase ur speed

also check if ur connection speed is really 256 or not and getting speeds of 32 is possible or not

visit www.testmy.net

this will solve ur problem

ALSO

MANy threads are there to increase the internet speed ..please search teh forum before u post...

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
It's just a Bits n Bytes mixup!!

your speed is 256kbps (kilo bits per second)
as for your system and the service provider/network, 1byte(B) = 8bits(b)
now your speed 256kbps = 256/8 = 32kBps

so if you see your download speed to be of 32KBps it's fine.

256kbps equals....

256000 bits
32000 bytes
250 kilobits(1 kilobits = 1024bits)
31.25 kilobytes(1 kilobytes = 1024bytes)
0.244140625 megabits
0.030517578125 megabytes
0.000238418579101562 gigabits
2.98023223876953e-05 gigabytes

bharat_r

In the zone
practically efficiency can never be 100% It can be only in a theoretical device.

So u can't get the full 256

Charley

Just Do It
bharat_r said:
practically efficiency can never be 100% It can be only in a theoretical device.

So u can't get the full 256

Who said so ?? My friends and myself get the exact 256 speed

Charley

Just Do It
@Sag - Cant u search it out . The thread was discussed some time before ...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22544&highlight=mtnl+triband

jamifahad

Broken In
True its just mixup of bits n bytes....I use reliance which says connection speed of 144kbps but ask me how much speed i get...Flactuate between 0(ya u read it right...ZERO!!) to maximum 72kbps..Connection speed is very bad..never take reliance connection..it sucks.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
expertno.1 said:
man try this software
Tweakmaster..award winning internet speed booster utility and tweaking utiliy for internet...it guarantees you for this....
www.tweakmaster.com(shwarewre)
or try a freeware called INTERNET SPEED BOOSTER
do some spyware check aslo..there r many
slo use good downlaod managers like DAP PREMIUM and FDM
this will surely increase ur speed
also check if ur connection speed is really 256 or not and getting speeds of 32 is possible or not
visit www.testmy.net
this will solve ur problem
ALSO
MANy threads are there to increase the internet speed ..please search teh forum before u post...

hi, very thanks for the suggestions, i ll work on them and post the reply. btw, i already tested in testmy.net, i get 200 kbps around.

@club_pranay
i am pretty sure abt the kbps and KBps even before u could reply. nyways thanks. i dint have any confusion reg. the math over there.

@bharat_r

i knew 100% is not achievable and i needed only a reasonable speed! :) mine is too low to be called a 256.. thou i pay for the same! :)

@achacko@dataone.in
@club_pranay

the speeds u get are only momentary speeds.. that is caused by the delay.. during which the data is in the modem buffer from which tehy are transferred all of a sudden to ur system which makes sudden hike in the speed as it recognises only then. nothing other than that.

@futuristically_ancient

noway can u get 39KBps with 256kbps CONSTANTLY.. if so, then u are the most luckiest person in the world... for its more than 256..

/legolas.

expertno.1

Technomancer
u all guys suck....
i ahev a 14.4 k connection of airtel gprs and even though i get downalaod sppeds of 5.5 KB/s due to dwonalod manegr like DAP and utility like Tweakmaster..try it..friends

but buy dap..i have alsrady bought it

D

dinesh_singh

actually....the point is...
the spped u get is reative...to the area where u reside.i mean my friend has a 256 kbps sify here and hee get only 10-15 kbps.
do u know why....coz of improper cabling....improper use of hubs and switches.extra long waires without any use of switches or hubs.
thats why every 256kbps conection is diff...even though it is from the sAme brand.
so if u are getting 23 kbps then check it with other system or fresly install ur windows to make sure u are not infected with spywares who are killing ur bandwidth.and if problem resides...then what u can do is enjoy what u are gettting.....or check it with ur operater.....he will surely help u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom