Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
24-inch IMac is nearly perfect
By Mark Kellner
March 6, 2007

*images.apple.com/imac/images/index_top20060906.jpg​

It's taken 25 years or thereabouts from the arrival of my first computer, a Sanyo MBC-1000, but I believe my search for the "perfect" desktop one is over.
The device sports a massive 24-inch liquid crystal display, big enough to make watching a video of the NBC-TV series "Law & Order" enjoyable.

Read more...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It is designed by Jonathan Ive, after all. :D

How much did it cost? Is it the 24-incher?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
from the post, it is about $2500+ thats means Rs 1,40,000 in INR including taxes etc

The only thing good, it's a all in one device. Bad...like all apple products it costs a bomb

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
:lol:

This is a tribute to the quality of Apple's design, even though it is wholly unintentional.

That is the whole computer, mate - not just the display. It has, of course, the screen but also has the CPU, motherboard, the speakers, microphone, DVD drive, the works. Only thing you need to do is plug the wire (a single one) into an outlet and press the power button to get started with it.

Sounds amazing! You bet it is. :)

hailgautam

Youngling
iMac 24" is just 1.20 lakh and the 17" one starts from 62,900.
*www.asia.apple.com/store/india/TheAppleStore_iMac.htm

My next comp is the 24" one :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
:lol: That is a whole computer, mate. Including the camera, DVD drive, microphone and speakers. The keyboard and mouse are also bundled with it, and very beautiful ones. :lol:

hailgautam said:
iMac 24" is just 1.20 lakh and the 17" one starts from 62,900.
*www.asia.apple.com/store/india/TheAppleStore_iMac.htm

My next comp is the 24" one :D
And you can get it much cheaper than that. The price of my MacBook Pro is listed as Rs. 1,56,800 and I purchased it from an authorised Apple reseller at Rs. 1,47,000. That is a difference of ten thousand bucks. :)

hailgautam

Youngling
@aryayush - one silly doubt - can we watch TV on this machine??, I could not get to know form the specifications!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You can either watch internet TV or connect an external TV tuner card. No internal TV tuner though. :)

March 8, 2007
Mac-tastic for two years and counting (508 )

It’s just over 2 years since I abandoned my old beige box and upgraded my life to an iMac. I’m still very glad I did; a day doesn’t go by that I don’t congratulate myself for my bold decision to switch.

I’m serious. My iMac has brought me more joy and pleasure than any other device I’ve ever owned. It is such an elegant machine, so simple and clean in design, yet at the same time a complex, multi-functional computing device, capable of a myriad of functions, each performed flawlessly.
Read more...

Just compare the number of positive () and negative (Ø) reviews Apple's products get. :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
arya said:
And you can get it much cheaper than that. The price of my MacBook Pro is listed as Rs. 1,56,800 and I purchased it from an authorised Apple reseller at Rs. 1,47,000. That is a difference of ten thousand bucks

1.47 Lakh for a laptop, f*** man what does your father do :D

No wonder PC Laptops always look better, same config as yours at Under 1 Lakh easily

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I had compared it when I had bought it. There weren't many other laptops that had as high-end a configuration as mine. And those that were had a very similar price, barring HP which had the dv8000 laptop and it was cheaper than the MBP. But it was not available in India (thank God!). Sony had a laptop that had the same configuration but was retailing for Rs. 1,90,000.

I had not idea about Apple back then and still, it was the best option available in the market. And then I went to see the demo. After that, of course, there was absolutely no chance of using Windows again.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
In that case your ignorence is bliss.....thats why u became a macboy now :D

We PC users use our hard earned money, so we know where to look & what to look for as the best deal

(Personal rant)

hailgautam

Youngling
Such a large piece of equipment and no Internal TV Tuner Card.....very bad.
By the way USB based Tuners are always there, aren't they!!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
hailgautam said:

There are many things it is missing gautam. & yeah USB TV Tuners are there but make sure they are mac compatible. Most of the USB TV Tuners do not support recording

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
hailgautam said:
Yeah, I know. Apple, for some strange reason, has a problem with some devices that are in widespread use. TV tuners are one example, memory card readers are another. :(

Sourabh

Laptoping
For some reasons very few tv tuners exist for Macs. I doubt availability of them in India. Andy and I tried the Pinnacle PCTV USB 2.0 on his mac mini and it didn't work. There are no drivers provided by Pinnacle and tiger didn't have anything built in for it either. Since the iMac doesn;t have a standard lcd display, you cannot use the set top based TV tuners on it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom