20" wide screen lcd panels price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hafees

In the zone
Hi!

I want to know the price of 20" wide screen lcd panel in general. I am very impressed with Viewsonic VX2025wm. But is this product available in India? Pls tell me the price and whom to contact. If anyone has used it before, pls tell me whether its worth investing?

Thnx

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
It's available in India. but very expsensive. Also there are various things to look
at before buying an LCD monitor like 6 ms or less response time, stray pixels,
dead pixels etc., If you are into gaming then CRT is the best choice. Since the
response time in LCDs hasn't improved much to play Formula One or similar
fast-paced games. Also wait for the prices to come down. In another 3 years
the prices of LCDs will be almost half of their current price!!

suave_guy

pedal to metal
i wud suggest you to go for Samsung 940BW 19" widescreen lcd display if u've budget below 20K.....it has response time of 4ms and samsung displays always have best quality...

its precisely priced b/w 17K-18K...

ENjoy...

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Before you buy the 20" wide screen arrange a graphic card which support the custom resolution such as 1440x900 or higher, else your wide LCD will not show you optimum results, you surely can run at any other res but it would be a grand waste of 20" resources. Not many people know about this fact that wide screen requires custom resolution set in the graphic card & not all graphiccards let you do so.

suave_guy,
*www.reachdata.ca/items/SS_940bw.jpg
are samsung 19" inch wide available in india, specifically in delhi, last I checked 26 days ago they were not available yet. At that price its a very good deal if that price is true.

Last edited:

suave_guy

pedal to metal
its confirmed that they are available coz just a week back i went to nehru place and was looking for asus 19" wide lcd so the shopkeeper called up some of his resources but cudnt find asus...but some of the guys he called up said that they had samsung 940BW in stock which was also 19" wide and priced around 18K....i was not even aware of this product before so i came back and researched on it and was really impressed by its looks and specs and the best part is the price...

though its strange that samsung india website does not list this specific model but dont worry just go to nehru place and inquire from several shopkeepers and i'm sure u'll definately find it

this product is a must buy if you have 17K bucks to spend...

ENjoy...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1) If you plan to game then you will probably be doing it at the native res, so make sure you get a high end card, 30k or so, and you will need to upgrade the card every few months or atmost in a year or so to play that res.

2)Expect to pay a lot for 20", maybe 30k or more

OP
hafees

hafees

In the zone
Read the review of the Samsung 940BW at CNET. It is not very impressive.

*reviews.cnet.com/Samsung_SyncMaster_930B/4505-3174_7-31412295.html

But the read review of Viewsonic VX2025wm. It is the recommended product by CNET.
*reviews.cnet.com/ViewSonic_VX2025wm/4505-3174_7-31747549.html?tag=pdtl-list

The average price is around 450$. that is below 22000 Rs. But I am afraid that the price will be very high in India.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Hafees,
That review is for Samsung SyncMaster 930B which is not wide screen.

The cons of Samsung monitor is
Nonadjustable height; no swivel or pivot; brightness-uniformity problems; hard-to-read labels for OSM buttons

this product is a must buy if you have 17K bucks to spend...

Surely yes, but I cannot find a PCI graphic card with 1440x900 support, without a graphic card these giant screen dont impress me much as you loose sharpness of fonts while reading.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
[Checking anti-flame gear: check.
checking fire extinguisher: check.
checking quick exit: check.
looking up possible ways to change one's identity: check]

Apple 20" Cinema Display costing 50k...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom