2 websites in a single hosting account.... how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
if i hav a single hosting account and i want to run 2 websites on it, what should i do?

e.g. i hav abc.com and xyz.com as my domain names. abc.com is default. now how do set xyz.com in it?

will i create a folder called xyz and 'add-on' the domain xyz.com in that folder? but in doing that i ll hav one prob. search engines ll read the site as abc.com/xyz instead of xyz.com. in that case what if i tell search engines not to index that folder by robots.txt?

or is it better 2 set a subdomain xyz.abc.com and direct the domain xyz.com to this subdomain?

please help

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
in cpanel, go to "add-on domains". there add xyz.com and point it to the directory u want to run the second site from. If you want both abc.com and xyz.com to point to the same site.. then add "xyz.com" in parked domains instead.

Sourabh

Laptoping
I havent tried this, but i guess the solution is using the addon domain from the cpanel. I used, addon domain to redirect another domain to my site. It can also be used to redirect to a folder on your web folder. for more info check this

edit: lol andy already posted the solution. anyways :)

alanpaladka

Journeyman
mail2and said:
in cpanel, go to "add-on domains". there add xyz.com and point it to the directory u want to run the second site from. If you want both abc.com and xyz.com to point to the same site.. then add "xyz.com" in parked domains instead.
Thanks for that info. I really wanted that as my server supports 5 addon domains. :D

OP
Generic Superhero

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
mail2and said:
in cpanel, go to "add-on domains". there add xyz.com and point it to the directory u want to run the second site from.

as i said, i have 1 problem in doing this. search engines will read my second site url as abc.com/xyz which is sumthin i dont want to happen. how can i prevent that? asking search engines nt to follow that directory in robots.txt but will dat be a problem again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom