2 very nice NOKIA tweaks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
ok guys..i dnt know whether u knw dis or not....nut i found out jst few days ago,s o here i am to share the excitement...

TWEAK 1....

dis tweak is related to setting up ur own operator logo.....i tested dis on n70 and worked fine..shud wrk with other phones too i guess.....
first u need either seleq or FExplorer instaleed..can be easily found...
nxt dwnload oplogos from mobile9.com(registration is free) or any sipmle or ur own made jpeg or bmp file wud do...transfer ur image file to ur phone...
open seleq or fexplorer...go to dat image(to the location) which u wanted to set as oplogo....
on the image..click options....goto file...click set as oplogo...the phne will restart ...let it be....
to ur surprise there wud be no change.....dnt get worried..read ON...
again open ur seleq or fexplorer.....go to c:\system\apps\phone\oplogo....
there u will might c 1 or 2 files before hand....
something like xxx__yy_z.bmp or .mbm ,,,, click on file and open it to view it and make sure it is ur file....then delete the other file or jst cut paste it to some other location jst in case u wanna replace ur previous oplogo...
there might be jst 1 file...anyways, open ur file's options and rename it to xxx__yy_z.mbm ....
restart the phone ...volla ... its DONE !!!!
in case somehow ur not able to do it or mess it out...dnt wrry ur original service provider logo will be displayed....(like airtel , cellone or hutch)...

TWEAK 2....

dis is related to the stupid RECENTLY PLAYED option in realplayer in many nokia phones.....i knw many of u mst find it realy frustrating, a loophole in privacy :-((
ok guys here is the way to conquer the stupid problem....make a jst small video with ur cam or select any stupid video...u may delete dat video after its done....
open seleq or fexplorer.... go to c:\system\data ... delete the file mediaplayer.dat ( the file which hosts the RECENTLY PLAYED list....the root of all problems)..
exist out of seleq or make it go in the background....check the realplayer, recently played options wud be gone....dnt get overexcited problem is not solved yet....go to ur stupid video clip location in seleq or ur gallery...play it in realplayer....u wud note dat recently played list is back again....(and the final quest begins !!!)
exit realplayer ...u may delete the clip now( preferred or jst rename ur video)....
open seleq....go to c:\system\data .... on mediaplayer.dat click on options>file...
in the properties, select READONLY to ON....
volla its DONE, 1ce again....
now whatever u might play in realplayer....the stupid clip dat u played , wud be the only file to showup in RECENTLY PLAYED list in realplayer....if u deleted or renamed it ,, it wont also play....

And so the quest was Accompalished.......

in case of any problems or queries,,, reply the thread

Last edited:

outlaw

De@d
tweety thanks a lot for the real player tweak

u see i've got some videos [wicked smile] and i've kept them in a hidden folder so the only way to access is FEXPLORER but i was annoyed to find the "recently played" list in real player and inorder to clear the list i had to play around 5 to 6 other videos all the time

thanks buddy

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Hey good work tweety. Keep it up and give us some more too.
The real player trick is awesome.
Thnx.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
tweak 1: better use oplogoman...
tweak 2: realplayer sux... try crystal player instead or pvplayer or smartmovie or divx

K

krazyfrog

^^ Dude AFAIK is the short form for 'As Far As I Know', and its not the name of the software.:D Btw(By The Way:D) OPMAN works on my QD, so i don't see why it won't work on your 6630

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Opps, HE HE HE HE HE....
Anyways, i hav tried Oplogoman, when we select a Logo, it asks to restart the fone and after restart still there is no change in the Logo.
That bloody INDAirtel Shows up.

OP
tweety_bird_bunny

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
try renaming the logo file to .mbm instead of .bmp and restart phne....
i apply different logos using the same technique..
follow tweak 1

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
i changed the file format to .mbm from bmp and restarted but it didnt worked.
What can be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom