2 million FF downloads in 24 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
Source : *www.beltzner.ca/mike/archives/2006/10/27/firefox_nation_unpimp_your_browser.html?

Apparently, people loves them some Firefox. Within 24 hours of the official launch on Tuesday, there were over 2 million people using Firefox 2, and we were seeing a peak rate of more than 30 downloads per second.

Also, this blows IE 7's three million downloads in the first four days of release.
IE's figure according to: *blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/10/24/ie7-hits-the-street.aspx

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
...and do remember that it DOES NOT include auto updates. They have not enabled auto updates *yet* so the number will hopefully keep on growing :)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
FireFox is world's 2nd most used Web browser. Great going FireFox!!
Yeah, When MS enables auto updates that number will very high.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
JGuru said:
FireFox is world's 2nd most used Web browser. Great going FireFox!!
Yeah, When MS enables auto updates that number will very high.
Why would MS enable auto-update and how? :rolleyes:

king007

In the zone
^^^MS will push IE 7 through automatic updates from Nov 1 and force people to use their new browser. People who do not want to update will have to install a patch to stop auto updates from updating older version of IE.

I was not amongst the 2 million people who downloaded because I could not wait and I downloaded before it was officially released... :)

Yeah Firefox Rocks, atleast they have real lovers and no forceful users like MS forces people to use IE by bundling with windows and then forcing them to update.... IE sucks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom