2 DATs in 1 CD... How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
I've 2 DAT files of a campus fest each 544 MB from 2 VCDs... now i want to compress them in a single 700 MB CD...??

Is it possible ??

Which compressions to use... DivX / WMV 9 ??... or any other format is better than these two??
I'm new to all these video editing/conversing/compressing stuff... also pls tell me any software to convert them...

I've Windows Media 9 Encoder and DivX Codecs [which comes in DVD] installed...

busyanuj

In the zone
use Dr. DivX software and convert those dat files into DivX videos, then those two files can be burnt onto a single disc.

when you burn the disc, also remember to put the divx bundle installation file in it, so that all the other people who share that disc (and don't have divx installed) can install the codec and see the videos.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
You can also use virtual dub and compress the video to divx and the audio to mp3 so overall a smaller divxfile ;)
I have done once i compressed the matrix revolutions 2 cd's in to one cd.

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
such an old member but still no time to search....ehhhh :wink:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14561

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14057

Btw Xvid Codec would be beneficial for ya.... 8)

OP
ShekharPalash

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
allwyndlima said:
such an old member but still no time to search....ehhhh :wink:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14561

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14057

Btw Xvid Codec would be beneficial for ya.... 8)

yeah man... i do search most of times, especially b4 making any new post here in Q&A section... but didn't searched tht time... look at time when i posted this... it's 2 am.. i was feeling slllleeeeeepppppyy tht time... ;-)

hey thnx for links...
i used dr. divx and compressed both DATs 2 a VCD :)

parthbarot

In the zone
u can use virtualdub or flaskmpeg for that to convert to avi & u can use DivX / Xvid codec...

u have to install codecs any of above...Xvid or Divx...

Xvid is freeware..DivX paid
flaskmpeg(freeware) is best for DVD IFOs & VOBs.& mpgs..doesnt support DAT...REsume supported hai..

VirtualDub(freeware) is also good..suports DAT but Doesnt support IFO or VOB..also not supports "Resume"...

calculate size for files by lenght & get bitrates as u neded by using "Advanced Divx Bitrate Calculator"..

bye

regards

theraven

Technomancer
very few differences
the only major diff is xvid is free
divx isnt
:p
for more on formats read maverickrohan's post on "best video codec"

parthbarot

In the zone
ya but main prob is that if u have created video with DivX codec then may be it gives u problem by Direct Show..it means that the XviD cant decode it properly..(may be...may not...)

my one video is not running...shows slowwly when uninstall DivX 5.2 pro from my PC & with Xvid....

so u have to install both codecs...to see properly the AVIs...

in future new VxiD may be grt ..can defeat DivX..

but ya XviDed fiel is load fasts then Divxed file.....thats the grt thing & same size & quality u achieve...

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom