2,3 letter Domains..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Hi

I tried to search for a 2 or 3 letter domain for buyin.. However, the search returns it as an Invalid Syntax! I tried this on two three Domain reg sites..

Then how come, domains like www.a9.com, www.x.org etc exist?

Whats the prob..? Any idea?

tuxfan

Technomancer
There is no such limit. But almost all the 2 or 3 letter domain names must have been taken.

Deep

Version 2.0
*whoisdeep.com/4boards/m7.JPG

but it showed me invalid domain in godaddy donno why..
might be some policy or something...

Deep

tuxfan

Technomancer
godaddy.com said:
M7.COM is an invalid domain name. Please try your search again.

networksolutions.com said:
Please enter a valid domain name composed of three or more characters.
So now the policy is that the domain name must be at least 3 characters long. I guess it must be because all 1 and 2 charater domain names must have been taken. I tried for zzz.com even that is taken :D So not many 3 letter domains will be available.

OP
S

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
well man.. 2,3 char domains are rare, hard to find, and easy to remmebr! u ll unstd its value only if u know that people are prep to pay above $1000 for 2 char domains... u can search on google to find reg this..

visvo

Journeyman
hmm..then did ya got ur hands on one ? ... and why dont u make one like x9.tk or m7.tk its easy and u can make that i suppose dot.tk supports 2-3 char domains...plz visit www.dot.tk

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
when one is ready to buy his own .com then who will opt for those .tk domains that throws ads :roll:
there is a paid version too but do u think it is cool to buy a .tk domain!!!

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Allright, then go for .in domains... we have a registered domain www.gnu.org.in ... and its easy to remember... however do remember, NCST (indian registrar) is the worst domain registrar... be ready for some adventures...

OP
S

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
GNUrag said:
Allright, then go for .in domains... we have a registered domain www.gnu.org.in ... and its easy to remember... however do remember, NCST (indian registrar) is the worst domain registrar... be ready for some adventures...

ya u said what all 'adventures' i need to undergo..!

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
SmoothCriminal said:
ya u said what all 'adventures' i need to undergo..!
A volunteer from Novell, had gone to NCST sometime back to register Mumbai LUG's domain... and he had to come back .... coz his application was not on a Letter head of Mumbai LUG... He argued that this LUG is not registered as an NGO .... and there's no need for a LUG to register with government.... but all his requests fell on deaf ears...

You can figure out what adventures i am talking about !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom