2.1 Speakers Help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Hi all,

Please tell me which 2.1 speakers are good....my budget is 1.5k-2.5k
Mainly for hearing mp3's....how is intex?

rohanbee

Padawan
Hi cv...............If you ask me to tell you the truth its better to buy just a 2.0 system rather than a 2.1 in that budget. I guarantee you the sub-woofer will just not be worth it!!

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Can you make speakers yourself , that is can you assemble?

Else
,altec lansing atp 3 for abt 3-3.5k

or altec lansing 2.1

suave_guy

pedal to metal
for a budget of 2.5 K u can check out altec lansing 221...good bass and decent midrange....will serve most of ur purposes...and being an altec it wont let u down!

EDIT: you can also checkout altec lansing AHP512 headphones....very good audio quality and bass is good too....

ENjoy...

D

Deleted member 5901

u can get intex 4.1 for 2.5- 3k !!!

its better then 2.1 !!!!

Cheers !!!!!

nix

hi

creative inspire 2.1 is good too. i bought it recently. hmm what to say...compared to the mercury i had before, this is really good. dont know abt altec though.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Dont go for INTEX, they are not worth it, go for ATP3, they will cost around 3K or go with suave_guy, he is a genius in speakers.

sumitava_b

In the zone
shwetanshu said:
Dont go for INTEX, they are not worth it, go for ATP3, quote]

Agreed, I have seen some INTEX speakers suddenly going mute. My frnds used to visit vendors every 2 months after buying intex....Some chip problem, they said. Expensive one too....

rohanbee

Padawan
ppl who suggest intex should suggest the countless chinese brands available. They are all the same. Actually Even the altec's and creatives are made in china now days but........
They are made in their own dedicated plants, with quality control and key components imported from all over the world.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
rohanbee the only reason altec and creative have setup their plant in china is due to the cheap and hard working labour easily available there....the chinese and japenese ppl are hard working and dedicated by birth if u ask me....rest assure that these premium brands carry around ammendable QC....

the reasons one shud not buy average quality speakers like intex and mercury even if u've a low budget are:
1. the first reason is the biggest reason itself....they are average performing and cannot match the audio quality of well known brands..
2. they are bound to produce faults...so lots of servicing is required which adds up to the later costs..
3. their after sales service is just like the way they sound....average!
4. they generaly have low life and in most of the cases the amplifier is dead after 2 yrs..
5. most of these speakers place their volume controls on the subwoofer which is absolutely FRUSTRATING if u ask me....
6. due to their technology constarints they can in no way focus on the whole sound frequency spectrum...they either sound too sharp or too shady or too flat(weak bass)...the blending of different sound frequencies is literally non existent here....which makes me come to the pt. that why intex is not good for mp3s as suggested by some...

actually if u ask me the most challenging part for any speaker is to ouput rich quality mp3s....dvds and games genreally have more dynamic and ambient sounds so even an above average speakers can produce decent output and their weakness is not noticeable all the time but in mp3s such is not the case....coz its a compressed format first of all and secondly music gives emphasis to different notes...like guitar, basson and tabla...now they will sound good only if speaker has efficient frequency response which is only possible in well know brands such as altec, creative bose, klipsch etc.

so i wud suggest that u go with altec 221 if u have a budget of 2.5K and if u can strech ur budget arnd 3K then definately go for ATP3....

altec lanisng AHP512 headphones is also a good choice if u've a low budget...

ENjoy...

"Made in China" is not the same as "cheap chinese yum-cha". In fact as a manufacturing prof. I can assure you some of the worlds best manufacturing facilities are located in China.

All IBM laptops/PC's where made by a Chinese company - Lenovo. Last quarter IBM announced that it's getting out of the PC businees alltogether. Lenovo just bought majority stock in IBM's PC business last month.

Mitsubishi plans on closing Australian operations (in Adelaide) and moving to China. Toyota Melbourne will follow soon. This was once of main influencing factors when I left (for good) Oz this year.

Chinese manufacturing is taking over the globe. Last year I saw this HUGE glorious Australian flag at the Melbourne Arts Centre with the words "MADE IN CHINA" printed across it. :lol:

Keith

rohanbee

Padawan
Hey Hey Hey !!!
Mr. suave and mr.keith where in my post do you see me mentioning that China makes bad quality all the time????? :twisted: :twisted:

It was just a simple remark that everything comes from China now days...good and bad quality both. I have been to china many times and have seen plants making engineering parts myself. So i think i have a fair idea about what iam talking about.

And let me still tell you: The quality of made in usa & japan (yes, i bought a technics amp made in japan) is still far superior to what a technics plant in malaysia or china can make.

aadipa

Padawan
See your range and get the product.

Less than 1.5K : Creative SBS 370
Upto 2.5K : Creative Inspire 2.1
Just Under 3K: Creative Inspire 4.1
Just above 3K: Altec Lansing ATP3

OP
C

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
aadipa said:
See your range and get the product.

Less than 1.5K : Creative SBS 370
Upto 2.5K : Creative Inspire 2.1
Just Under 3K: Creative Inspire 4.1
Just above 3K: Altec Lansing ATP3

Thank u guys for such a overwhelming response....i decided to go for creative inspire 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom