175" Display - Is this thing real??

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by sidman, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidman

sidman New Member

Hi guys,

Check this out:

https://www.maxtheater.com/

Do anyone of you guys have this thing? Does this thing really work? If it does, how good/bad is the picture quality?

Thanks in advance

2. grinning_devil

grinning_devil New Member

:wink: ...for me everything onnet is fake!!!
    unless i get my hands on that stuff nd check it out personally nd PRACTICALLY....rite????

3. AlienTech

AlienTech New Member

You just take a cardboard box, cut a hole in it, take one of your old round specs stick it in there and make a 6 inch long pipe and stick the second glass piece at the end of it and adjust it back and forth so the focus is sharp when you project it onto the wall.

This don't work very good since your TV wont put out a good enough picture so you can see it properly, but it works... For watching movies etc in a dark room.

Considering a professional projector costs like $4000 or so.. What do you expect for 10 bucks? Which is actually a color LCD screen like your laptop's and a real slide projector behind it will cast a decent picture.

Even those giant screen TV projectors are not very sharp even in a dark room and those cost $3000 on up.

I have seen some cheap Chinese made wall projectors.. But remember, the slide projector uses like a 200 watt bulb which is projecting that light through the LCD screen... I am not sure those Chinese ones will last very long.

4. freshseasons

freshseasons King of my own Castle

Bazee seem to have lotof that stuff at 99 Rupees n everything i tried is crap...eventually that 17" image you get on you monitor is lot sharper than 150" they project you out.
    Really get nothing but plasma Display screen or atleast this :
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.