17" CRT Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Finally decided on my Rig but now the bad luck part,Can't find my desired monitor which is Viewsonic E72f+ model.:mad:

Now all I need is opinions from existing Viewsonic & Samsung "CRT" monitor holders as to which latest model would be a good choice.As a high priority it needs to be a flat screen(duh!),supporting 1280x1024 @65Hz,must look absolutely gorgeous(preferably a equvivalent of E72f+ :D).

Last but not least please don't start recommending any TFT models as I am seriously & I repeat,am seriously not interested in TFT's as of now.:grin:

Thanks in advance people.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have to buy a CRT monitor then go for a 19" one.

I think text will be very difficult to read on a 17" monitor @ 1280*1024 reolution.

kooldude

Broken In
Nothing like that i am On 1280*1024 reolution in vista no prob at all you just have to change the DPI settings

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ummm....well I didn't mean setting the desktop resolutions to 1280x1024 but some games which could be set to that resolutions & hence the montior supporting it.Any recommendations? Please it's very urgent as I have to assemble it ASAP & this is the last component.Is LG any good or should I go with the usual Samsung 798MB plus?

vandit

In the zone
allwyndlima said:
Last but not least please don't start recommending any TFT models as I am seriously & I repeat,am seriously not interested in TFT's as of now.:grin:

Thanks in advance people.
U mean LCD right and not TFT......

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
supporting 1280x1024 @65Hz
65 is too low, it will give you headaches. 75 is the minimim refresh rate.
1280x1025 @85Hz will be acceptable. It might be difficult to find such a monitor though. Mine supports 1280x1024 @60Hz so I run it at 1024x800 @85Hz

I have a LG Flatron E700SH 17" Flat CRT and am very satisfied.
Same here. Its nice but the refresh rate could be more.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^How's the quality till date that you have used it? Has it given any hicups?
Also is it fully flat CRT.Can you upload a pic of it if you can? I mean the one that you have with you.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Has it given any hicups?
NO except sometimes it makes a lil peeeee sound for 10 seconds or so. This happens very rarely though, and is probably not a defect at all . The monitor is now 2.5 years old.
it is fully flat
*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/php9rlMau.jpg

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks for the info pal.Will check if I can get hold of the Viewsonic model.If not then will try this option.:D

assasin

Banned
@allwyndlima u can also hav a look at Lenovo flat 17" monitors before u buy.they hav a very good getup and the display quality is also crisp.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hmmm....Are they readily available in the market @assasin? I mean never head about Lenovo selling stand alone monitors.BTW I just called up Roop technologies to find out the stocks for E72f+Sb & then said that all Viewsonic 17" CRT's have stalled on stocks right now.:(

The only thing they could offer me were the 19 inch category which I found quite astonishingly low priced ones.For an E96f+Sb they quoted around 8.5k I suppose & the G90fB was around 9.5k.Now am really begining to bend my options.:)

assasin

Banned
no Lenovo doesnt sell stand alone monitor,but dere will always be a dealer who'll be willing to sell u one.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
allwyndlima said:
The only thing they could offer me were the 19 inch category which I found quite astonishingly low priced ones.For an E96f+Sb they quoted around 8.5k I suppose & the G90fB was around 9.5k.Now am really begining to bend my options.:)

I have already told U to buy a 19 inch CRT :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom