160gb external hard drive not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

parheez

Right off the assembly line
Hi!
I own a
Dell XPS 1210 Laptop (C2D 2.0 Ghz - T7200 - 1GB RAM, XP pro, 160GB HDD) &
I have my Old desk top - P3 800, 512MB SD RAM, 80GB HDD, Also Loaded with XP (non SP2).
On a recent trip to London I bought a Freedom ToughDrive Pro 160GB External HDD (Hard Disk Drive) This works perfectly with with my laptop but not my Desktop. I have USB 1.0 on the desk top - I am assuming this is where the bottleneck is.
My questions are -
1. - Will attaching a USB 2.0 Card in the desktop make my p3 recognize my Ext HDD?

2. - I also have a 4 port hub (USB 1.0) connected to my desktop through which i connect various accessories - like my Digicam, Ipod, Bluetooth Dongle, Memorycard reader etc - Will this become unusable after i connect the USB 2.0 card? Are four PORT USB 2.0 Hubs avaliable?
I use this basically as my USB sockets are at the back & its not very convenient to attach stuff - esp as the usb cable on the Guest device is short & my USB sockets are placed High up on the back of my PC.
Looking fwd to a responce.
thanks.
parheez@gmail.com

manoj_299

Out of Stock
USB 2.0 card are available in the Market with 2-4 ports option. Yes USB 2.0 hubs are also available but are expensive Rs. 300/-. But to use USB 2.0 Hub you need at least 1 USB 2.0 Ports in PC otherwise its useless. Go for PCI USB 2.0 card, It is realy Faster because I am using it. My PC config: PIII 1.13 GHZ, 256 MB RAM, 80+40 GB HDD, Sony DVD RW, LAN CARD, PCI USB 2.0 Card.

Everything will work fine and fast with your USB ports available with card.
I purchased Enter PCI USB 2.0 card 2 months back @ Rs. 200/- Inclusive VAT. Warranty one Year and it have 4 ports on back of my PC and one ports inside PC so you can attach it to front pannel of cabinet so Total 5 ports :) The are fast you will realise then you will transfer data. I have all 5 ports are in use. All old devices like bluetooth, MMC Reader, Datacable, USB to PS2 convertor for KB & mouse. Internal one xtended and is available readily for Flash drive use in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom