15 second tweak for better beryl perfomance

Status
Not open for further replies.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Beryl is the best eye candy in the world, by far. Now get rid of all the jerkyness and make it buttery smooth in 15 seconds. It worked for me on my laptop with intel integrated 945 graphics. It is now smooth as silk. This is an aweseme tweak and takes 15 seconds tops.

The Tweak

Ok here it goes, you ready?

First you need to open your Beryl settings manager. Just double click on the red diamond or do as follows:

Press
alt+f2

and this will open a run window. Then type:
beryl-manager

and this will start your beryl manager. Now double click on the red diamond and this will open your settings manager.

Now go here:
Main Tab ---> General Options

Now uncheck the following:
Sync to Vblank
Detect Refresh Rate

and change your:
Refresh Rate = 200

Thats it and your done. Enjoy the silky smooth beryl eye candy.

Source

Last edited:

sam_1710

Youngling
probably no ones usin it, so no comments!! :(

OFFTOPIC - can you temme how to install beryl on my Suse 10.1 ??

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
^^OK, I've been trying out something for my system as well. Here is a link for which both of us can try out ;)

unni

In the zone
I couldn't notice any difference. My default refresh rate was 83. Even after changing according to your post, nothing seems to have improved. It may because I have only 256 MB RAM.

eddie

El mooooo
^ Yes 256MB is too less. Currently X server with AIGLX alone takes 139MB on my system. The tweak mentioned here only improves refresh rate and that too for people who are running <65 - 70 Hz. If you are running anything above 75 Hz on your monitor then you might not notice any visible difference with this tweak but still setting the refresh rate to 100 in beryl-settings is recommended. 200 is a little overkill imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom