What does one choose WISER:-

1) 15/17 inch LCD monitor with minimum 8m/s response, or
2) 19 inch CRT monitor

for "TRUE" GRAPHICS & GAMING needs???

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
as of now the CRT still gives the best value for money

if the onus is on gaming, then CRT should be the obvious choice

but remember to make the game look good on a 19 inch crt , u need to to have a gfx card which will perform at high resoulutions
the least being 1024/768

aadipa

Padawan
Do consider space required to keep the CRT and power consumed. Also LCD are easy on eye that CRTs. That way a 17" LCD is best buy.

But if u want to watch movies with friends/family on LCD, it is not so good as colors changes when viewing to LCD from different angles.

royal

Padawan
hey for "TRUE" GRAPHICS & GAMING needs

u get max. from a CRT ... 8)

though LCDs are fast catching up ... :D

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Yes,I wanted a certain PROFESSIONAL aspect into the decision making for a GENUINE GRAPHICS WORK OUTPUT MONITOR,that makes SERIOUS sense in GRAPHICS & 3DJob from PHOTOSHOP,3D-MAX,MAYA,etc & ALSO makes my Heart content while doing some HIGH-SPEED FRAGGING/GAMING

Anyway,LCD advantages nowdays abound,particular in the STYLE element,Radiation & Power factors,though DESKTOP SPACE acomodation is NOT the PRIME factor for me!

So,@the very end,VERY VERY Much Confused over the CRT vs LCD issue!!!

Any more HELP/ADVICE 2 the vexed issue is MORE THAN WELCOME

Berry

Broken In
Go for the LCD.... i'm thinking of getting one too! they don't give current shock when touching the screen do they?

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Berry said:
Go for the LCD.... i'm thinking of getting one too! they don't give current shock when touching the screen do they?

what do u mean by that
can u better explain? abt the current shocks on the monitor :?: :shock:

Berry

Broken In
sometimes when i touch the screen on my crt i kinda feel a slight current shock....like there was this one time when i was wiping the screen with cloth and i felt a shock like the one when you touch the tv screen after you put it off.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
@berry Your CRT's power plug's earth pin is not connected.

If u want to play games on a 17" LCD then u'll need a graphics card capable of 1280x1024( native res for most 17" lcds) for best results, otherwise the display will be blockish. CRTs do not have this prob. Personally I would go for the LCD if I had a good 3d card or if I wasn't about to play games much.

I have been using a gateway vx700 17" aperture grille flat CRT for nearly five years and I am stillvery happy with it.

jay4u

In the zone
I will vote for LCD .... I one will be really happy if i can get 1600/1200 resolutions on a 19" LCD.... but hey the prices are too high...

About youn dude right not 19" CRT against 17" LCD.... provided you have a good graphics card and dont mind against the power compsumption.....

OP
TechGuru#1

TechGuru#1

In the zone
I'm MAYBE currently heading for a 19"CRT Monitor,maybe SAMSUNG PROFESSIONAL SERIES CRT,i.e 957 or 997DF,....................& as far FOR GRAPHICS CARD........will 6800GS make it MY DAY on the 19 Incher?

....& as for 17"LCD monitor with less than 8ms r still VERY XPENSIVE considering visa-vis the CRT 19 inchers & Maybe NOT THAT GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY yet!

Kniwor

Learner
I'd say CRT...
If u dont care about the space required then CRT is ur choice for gaming etc...

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
jay4u said:
I will vote for LCD .... I one will be really happy if i can get 1600/1200 resolutions on a 19" LCD.... but hey the prices are too high...

About youn dude right not 19" CRT against 17" LCD.... provided you have a good graphics card and dont mind against the power compsumption.....

and where did you find 19" LCDs with 1600x1200 resolution?

most of the non-widescreen 19" LCDs have a native resolution of 1280x1024

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I too feel you should go for LCD unless you want wide viewing angle. That's only the main downside of LCD's as of yet besides the high price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom