128 mb GF4 440 mx showing 32mb!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sav_more

Journeyman
hi there!
i have a GF4 440 MX 8X with 128 mb ram.
during the booting process the system recognises it and shows 128mb.
but on booting into xp,the nvidia control panel shows 32mb.
i use the omega drivers 1.567a(quality).but also the orignal nvidia drivers(61.77) show 32mb instead of 128.the games are running fine.please help me recover the remaning 96mb.
i have a P4 1.8,via chipset P4M266a,HIS mobo,256mb ram. :(

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Try something like AIDA 32 to see wot amt of ram does it report. Also have you tried installing this card on friend's pc ?

Re :

hey,
i was also having the same problem ... no solution has been found yet ...if nebody can help i wud really appreciate it ...!! Chk out this thread for further info :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5561&highlight=

ne help wud b appreciated ...!!

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
i read the links provided .this means that the card really has 32 mb onboard.this sux bigtime.
please tell me some way to get this 96mb back.!!

Re:

hey,

Well i m supposed to find some way out myself ... i have to convince my fuc**** vendor to get a replacement ... but i need some more advice from someone ...!! Ne body ready to help ... not many posts came last time i posted this topic ... nebody who can help ?? Dexter ??

Help needed .. !!

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
Yippie!!!!!!!!! i finally got the nvidia control panel to show 128mb. :D
i removed the video card installed it again with the provided drivers.and got 96mb back.but..........and a big BUT..ihave read(the provided links) that the RSCMPT.exe that runs in the background emulates that 96mb.so now even though it shows 128 mb i am not that sure tat i have a 128mb card.
i have even overclocked it to run at 320mhz CORE and 290mhz mem.
can some one tell me if i can extract more out of this card.i have a heatsink and a fan on the card.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
well both
sav_more
and
shrek_incredible

dload Aida 32 or EVEREST
If you have dloaded everest then start the program
there click at display--->GPU---->there you will get ample amount of data
see wht MB size it shows
i guess whatever memory the program will show is wht you have
so reply back here

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
i dloaded everest and the damn thing shows that i have 32mb.
i think i have been duped.but i dont understand how can the nvidia control panel show 128mb.
and yes.....my card is manufactured by sone "S-MEDIA"(there is a label on the card.) :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom