120 GB external hardisk problem. uergent pls help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
Hi guys,

it was working very fine til 2 hrs back. my 120 GB sleek external hardisk. Its been only a month since i got it. I think i can therefore replace it, it should be under warranty... my concern is to take the data from it... i have arnd 80 GB of data in it! :( damn... when i connect the usb, it starts to make the typical noisy sound of reading... and it detects the usb... but cudnt read from the drive i guess... it keeps on reading. what shall i do? i need the data.... pls suggest me some solutions!

thks,
legolas

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
have u tried any other computer ... i mean see if same problem happens in other computer as well or not

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
no i have not. but how wud it make a difference?

/legolas

ajayashish said:
have u tried any other computer ... i mean see if same problem happens in other computer as well or not

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
it be due to some reason it is not working on ur PC... this is wierd but once a HDD was not being detected in my PC and i took that to my friends home which got detected there and i formatted that and brought back and it is working fine still today after 1 yr

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
I got my hardisk exchanged in minutes! :) cudnt back up the data though. thks guys nyways.

ok. i can try that a bit later today. thks for the suggestion. i hope it works! :(

/legolas
p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom