120 gb Ext.HDD , suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

anish_sha

.:: 3 : 1 6 ::.
Hi guys.. Im about to buy a 120 gb laptop HDD with a casing, since im in a remote place i cant get the goods for a better price here, so i went thru ebay and found these two

Hard disk - link

eBay India: 120 GB External Pocket Hard Drive 120GB 2.5" Only USB (item 310015802498 end time 25-Jan-2008 15:01:37 IST)

Casing- link

eBay India: Transcent Storejet 2.5" notebook hard drive casing (item 110214845900 end time 22-Jan-2008 19:51:37 IST)

i am going for extra casing because i liked the trancend looks very much...

guys pls let me know the prices they given r genuine or overpriced .... also i heard the harddisk vendors wont give the warranty if it is used as external HDD.... is it true? pls guide me guys.....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Rs. 2500/- for 80 GB 2.5" Segate + USD 2.0 / 2.5" Transcend HDD Casing :)
Rs. 3200/- for 120 GB 2.5" Segate + USD 2.0 / 2.5" Transcend HDD Casing :)

thats what local rates are here at kolkata :) there is no warrenty in the casing, and hdd comes with 5 years warrenty :)

also i heard the harddisk vendors wont give the warranty if it is used as external HDD...

1st of all vendors doesnt offer any warrenty :p its the company which does, and when a HDD is faulty, you are suppose bring just the HDD, not the notebook or the casing in which u were using it...

:)

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hey Chota Cheet I have an internal IDE HDD of 80 GB (Seagate) Can I convert this too External HDD? I guess it will be more heavier than a Laptop HDD and less convenient to carry what do you say?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Hey Chota Cheet I have an internal IDE HDD of 80 GB (Seagate) Can I convert this too External HDD? I guess it will be more heavier than a Laptop HDD and less convenient to carry what do you say?

Yes..you can.For that you need a IDE to USB convertor cable. Will cost you around Rs. 500/-

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

*www.chotocheeta.com/2007/10/21/con...sktop-35-hard-disk-to-external-usb-hard-disk/

y no reply??? chota cheet can u help me pls
please tell where you stay.
then tell your requirements.
If you are in mangalore, come over to bangalore for the purchase.

you get good drives of 80 GB, 120 GB, 160 GB, 200 GB, 250 GB for laptops. The prices may vary, but for 120 GB it will take you around Rs. 3400/-. A case will come at Rs. 200/- max.

no dude, the tranced casing is costly, im now in kerala....
you don't need to buy only transcend case. Its the HDD thats more important. the one I told has NO warranty, but you won't need it. And if you go to mangalore, just detour east to bangalore if you want to make some serious purchases.

OP
anish_sha

anish_sha

.:: 3 : 1 6 ::.
but the looks of transcend casing is superb yaar....take a look

*reviews.cnet.com/storage-accessories/transcend-storejet-2-5/4505-6517_7-32024274.html

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ That may not come for Rs.200. That is surely costly. If you are in mangalore then contact NucleusKore. He's the local guy there and would tell you where to buy the components from :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom