10 Things the 3G iPhone is Still Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
*images.pcworld.com/shared/graphics/cms/iPhone3Gv2_180.jpg

It's great that the new iPhone has faster data service and GPS. And you could get lost for days in the new iPhone App Store looking at all the cool new toys and productivity tools. But quite a few Achilles' heels--in the form of missing features--still remain in Apple's 3G iPhone. What's most surprising is that these features come standard in some of even the most basic models of rival phones. With these features added, the 3G iPhone could come pretty close to perfect. (This isn't the first time we've complained about what's missing from the iPhone, and many of the gripes on this list are repeat offenders.)

Here's what we would still like to see in the iPhone:

1. Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS)

Despite being fairly standard on most multimedia phones, MMS capabilities aren't part of the 3G iPhone's bag of tricks. That said, you can e-mail photos taken with the iPhone's 2-megapixel camera (or photos stored on the device). You can also share YouTube links directly from the iPhone's YouTube application. So why is MMS missing? It could be tied directly to the 3G iPhone's lack of a video camera; you can't share video files if you can't shoot or store it natively on the device. As for music, iTunes' strict limitations on sharing music are probably the reason behind that, but it would at least be nice to have audio-sharing capabilities for non-DRM-protected tracks.

2. Stereo Bluetooth / A2DP support

You've got to love the fact that the new iPhone no longer requires an adapter or headphones designed for its recessed headphone jack. But what about cutting the cable altogether? Unlike the latest BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, and Symbian mobile platforms, the latest iPhone still doesn't offer the convenience of using a stereo Bluetooth headset to listen to its on-board iPod, at least not without using a bulky adapter. For such a common feature, and for a company so aesthetically inclined, that's more than a little surprising.

3. Selecting, copying, and pasting text

Apple fixed a few of the first-gen iPhone's shortcomings with the early-2008 firmware update (sending text messages to more than one recipient, for example), but they didn't add an option to edit text by selecting passages and copying and pasting them elsewhere in an e-mail message or note. And with the new iPhone firmware, they still haven't. This missing feature is more than a little annoying for those who write more than talk, want to copy and paste long strings from URLs, or fix links that get truncated in e-mail messages.

Full list @ *www.pcworld.com/article/148250/10_things_the_3g_iphone_is_still_missing.html

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
11th [I think they didn't mention]
We still can't send files with Bluetooth....

napster007

Padawan
^^ well i too don't exactly know what it means but i sure do know that the ppl who made it din't have any!! :D

1.)i accept that its got all that WOW!! factor and all but.... i mean ..pay abt 22k+ for a mobile phone which can't even transfer files by bluetooth?? WTF man?? were the makers dreaming when they made this thing.

2.) i accept that this gizmo has got all the eyes rolling towards it but .....a smart phone which can even copy/paste????? WTF man....my SE w550i can do that thing!!

3.) accepted that the phone now has 3G...but plz man...again pay 22k+ for a phone which can't even record vids??? WTF man??? A normal 4-5 k phones are capable of doing that now!!!

so the bottom line is......if u've got no damn respect for ur hard earned money or u just happen to have a rich dad and don't care abt his money or u have tons of black money and don know what to do with it or if ur just looking for a phone to flaunt its looks among ur friends...then my friend......iphone is the way to go!!!

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Ok, Ill be the nice guy and edit this out for now.

Hoping to see a knowledgeable and healthy discussion about iPhones. Other than iPhones price and the lack of 3G providers .

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
..We're just discussing the down points of iPhone....

This thread will only get converted into a flame war if, some Apple fanboy will not accept these -ve points of iPhone.....And at the moment, this thread is running fine.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
1.)i accept that its got all that WOW!! factor and all but.... i mean ..pay abt 22k+ for a mobile phone which can't even transfer files by bluetooth?? WTF man?? were the makers dreaming when they made this thing.

2.) i accept that this gizmo has got all the eyes rolling towards it but .....a smart phone which can even copy/paste????? WTF man....my SE w550i can do that thing!!

3.) accepted that the phone now has 3G...but plz man...again pay 22k+ for a phone which can't even record vids??? WTF man??? A normal 4-5 k phones are capable of doing that now!!!

WTF man
lol

Anyway fact is that iPhone is nothing but a waste of money for Indians.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Wudn't even think of buying tat phone.. Nor will any other smart ppl... Unless ofcourse they are filthy rich..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom