Pre-owned car discussion

Sarath

iDota
I recently bought a car using Spinny Max in Delhi and was quite happy with their service. I did pay a little more than I would have got with the competitors but overall I noticed most of their cars were in better shape than the competition.
I also test drove a few cars through Cars24 and they too had some solid features backing them up.

Both Spinny and Cars24 will let you test drive at your place of convenience, offer a 1 week return period and give you insurance for 1 year. Needless to say they also take care of the RC transfer.

I would strongly suggest you try them out.

I did some old school searching too, going to different outlets and checking each car myself. To be honest this would have been cheaper but demands a great amount of effort, time and patience. Also have to go with intuition a lot to know if the car is right or not and get it checked by a mechanic yourself once before closing the deal. A good 3 month search on your own will get you a good car.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah. They have a 5 day no-questions-asked full refund policy as well. Also they provide 12 months warranty and they provide a fixed buyback amount if you sell the car back to them within 6, 12 or 18 months of purchase.

Their benefits are surprisingly good.

khalil1210

In the zone
I saw a lot of spinny trucks roaming around on roads in Hyderabad. I think lot of people are buying and selling on spinny

Sarath

iDota
4.22 lakhs.

Good thing is that Spinny they also give dealer warranty for 1 year and servicing. Also, they say that they have an assured buyback price if sold back to them in a given time frame.
Congratulation. Don't know how I missed this post. Glad you went with Spinny.

Any chance of us Digitians getting a ride soon? :clap2:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I recently bought a car using Spinny Max in Delhi and was quite happy with their service. I did pay a little more than I would have got with the competitors but overall I noticed most of their cars were in better shape than the competition.
I also test drove a few cars through Cars24 and they too had some solid features backing them up.

Both Spinny and Cars24 will let you test drive at your place of convenience, offer a 1 week return period and give you insurance for 1 year. Needless to say they also take care of the RC transfer.

I would strongly suggest you try them out.

I did some old school searching too, going to different outlets and checking each car myself. To be honest this would have been cheaper but demands a great amount of effort, time and patience. Also have to go with intuition a lot to know if the car is right or not and get it checked by a mechanic yourself once before closing the deal. A good 3 month search on your own will get you a good car.
which car you bought and for how much?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Found these articles on Team-BHP useful when buying or selling cars:

Buying: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India
Selling: ARTICLE: How to sell a *USED* car in India

Sarath

iDota
which car you bought and for how much?
I got a 2016 BMW X1 and paid around 20L for it.

I know I paid a little more than I should for that. Some patience and good research would have fetched me a similar one for 18L easily and as low as 16L if I get really lucky. I was too tired having searched and test driven my initial choice of car Skoda Super L&K 2016 model but couldn't get it down to 15L which was my initial budget for the car. One day I get this call from Spinny Max about this car and I say book it. Then over a month I finalised the purchase without any headaches. I hope there are no more surprises.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I got a 2016 BMW X1 and paid around 20L for it.

I know I paid a little more than I should for that. Some patience and good research would have fetched me a similar one for 18L easily and as low as 16L if I get really lucky. I was too tired having searched and test driven my initial choice of car Skoda Super L&K 2016 model but couldn't get it down to 15L which was my initial budget for the car. One day I get this call from Spinny Max about this car and I say book it. Then over a month I finalised the purchase without any headaches. I hope there are no more surprises.
Is it worth buying such top of the line cars 2nd hand? As in how is spare part and servicing available?
Is this statement the origins for a digit meetup :grin:
Lol. I wish.

Sarath

iDota
Is it worth buying such top of the line cars 2nd hand? As in how is spare part and servicing available?

Cars below 20L don't depreciate much making more sense to buy them new. That's why I went a segment higher because the depreciation was too much for used cars and it made sense at the time to just get something that you wanted and be done with it.
Spares and servicing will be done by third party providers. I know of many places in Delhi to get them done but have to search for a reliable one in Bangalore now. Spares can be found on boodmo.com

Time will tell if I have bitten more than I can chew.

---

On a seperate note I do own a 2009 Honda City (which I absolutely adore) and a 2010 Honda Jazz and both run beautifully even today. I was planning to get the Jazz replaced as my City was under threat and hence was looking at Hyundai Creta (which I later realised was a much better deal through a friend), then jumped to used Skoda Superb and finally landing on the X1 (due to the pandemic induced fear of missing out)

I will share similar advise that I was given and believe in, do not ever buy any luxury car if you can help it. It is simply not worth your time, even if it is worth your money.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have heard of boodmo from a couple of friends. Is it really that reliable? And you can get any spare part for any vehicle? Also, are the spare parts official or from third party manufacturers?

MadAxe786

Broken In
And you can get any spare part for any vehicle?
Availability of spare parts depends on the make and model of the car.
Also, are the spare parts official or from third party manufacturers?
Official

What I would like to know is the reliability and pricing from those who have used Boodmo extensively.

How are they able to offer discounts if OEM sells at MRP?

Sarath

iDota
Even I haven't used it personally. Will hopefully not have to use it anytime soon but if I do, I'll update accordingly.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
In some news, I have sold the Grand i10 that I posted about earlier. Now I am looking to buy another one, perhaps an i20.

I found an Elite i20 on Spinny, 2017 model, 97k KMs for 5.84 lakhs. I test drove it and it feels good enough for a commuter car. Some shortcomings seem to be lack of rear disc brakes but otherwise feels okay.

Does this seem like a good deal or should I keep looking.

I tried a 2018 Honda Jazz V MT (52k KM, 6.14 lakhs) before this but I found it too uncomfortable to drive. Might fallback on this if I don't get any other options.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
In some news, I have sold the Grand i10 that I posted about earlier. Now I am looking to buy another one, perhaps an i20.

I found an Elite i20 on Spinny, 2017 model, 97k KMs for 5.84 lakhs. I test drove it and it feels good enough for a commuter car. Some shortcomings seem to be lack of rear disc brakes but otherwise feels okay.

Does this seem like a good deal or should I keep looking.

I tried a 2018 Honda Jazz V MT (52k KM, 6.14 lakhs) before this but I found it too uncomfortable to drive. Might fallback on this if I don't get any other options.
Sorry I dont know if the deal is good or not. Though I have a question, what was uncomfortable when you drove Jazz?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Steering is stiff and angle of sharp turns seems off. Driving control layout was a bit weird. I might be able to get used to it but am looking for other options for now.

Top Bottom