PC configuration for 2022

DestGod

Journeyman
My confusion is that whether i5 will be supported by future Windows OS's. Kindly advice.
The CPU that you buy now is in no way related to "support by future windows". You simply cannot predict this. Requirements of Windows are majorly based on the chipset of your motherboard and the architecture of your chip.

Put simply, even a powerful CPU like the i9 12900k shares the same Windows support as the i5 12400. So just get the 12400.

Honestly, considering how long this thread has been dragged on for, it's better to wait till next gen CPUs (Raptor Lake and Zen 4).

My confusion is that whether i5 will be supported by future Windows OS's. Kindly advice.
So, MS listed everything older than Intel 8th gen as not supported for Win11. So it wouldn't have mattered if you owned an i3 7100 or i9 7900X, both are not officially supported (but there are workarounds).

So future OS support is least of your worry.

rupeshforu3

In the zone
My old laptop with i5 4th gen is not working as it doesn't support windows 11 and even I can't install latest Fedora Linux.

At present it only runs windows 8.1.

So I want to sell it to someone who want to experiment with it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

quicky008

Technomancer
My old laptop with i5 4th gen is not working as it doesn't support windows 11 and even I can't install latest Fedora Linux.

At present it only runs windows 8.1.

So I want to sell it to someone who want to experiment with it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
win 11 can work if you employ the bypass method (check youtube)

Top Bottom